Home

Success Passing The Ball

This is a discussion on Success Passing The Ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Success Passing The Ball

motion a receiver. if the cb follows him it's man coverage.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #18
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I know how to tell zone from man. I'm talking cover 2, cover 3 etc.

I know good RL QBs can tell presnap, is it possible in game.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

You need to motion WRs more, fake snap, throw in a pump fake, and most important don't go running all crazy out of the pocket. I get a lot better results by stepping up in the pocket and being patient.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #20
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSHT21
I know how to tell zone from man. I'm talking cover 2, cover 3 etc.

I know good RL QBs can tell presnap, is it possible in game.
Zone cover 2s are easy to tell because at the snap the corner will jam the WR and then let him pass. Man cover two is a little harder to tell. But in cover 3 the corners drop back and the safety's shift. Go into replay mode after calling those places and just watch it all break down.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
motion a receiver. if the cb follows him it's man coverage.
I tend to send anyone but a slot receiver in motion to pick out zone or man, then I watch post snap for the outside CBs to see if they are staying close for a zone2 or dropping into a zone3, next I see if where the LBs are going; straight back,into the flats, blitzing, spying.

I have found that I am completing a high number of passes... the problem is that even my "misses" are being caught but by the defense. bad passes into bad lanes but mostly due to my previous experience with videogame "zone" defenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #22
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I feel the passing is perfect and competitve. I'm afraid people might complain and want it toned down with a Tuner Set aimed at making passing user friendly.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Ill be upset if this happens, if people want to force slants, drags, and streaks, thats their fault. Those of us who use our FULL alottment of pass plays shouldnt have to settle for dumbed down cookie cutter game.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #23
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Another thing iv'e noticed that i'm not doing correctly is managing the game. I'm too concerned with making the big play and trying to score, that i'm not taking what the defense is giving me.

It's better to move the ball downfield with whatever is thrown at you than trying to force it. You get much better numbers in the passing game if you're patient.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Look at the 2 safeties.

You can't always tell pre-snap, but you can tell between pre-snap and before your quarterback takes his second drop back step.

Often times you'll see the SS move closer to a WR or wherever to get in a better spot for his assignment. The FS then moves basically straight over the QB (but still deep).

This will be cover 1 or cover 3. If your outside receivers are on Go Routes, the two coverages will look the same, because the CBs keep backing up. But regardless, there's not much of a difference between cover 1 or cover 3, not until your routes are further developed. Point is, you know you don't need to throw deep balls over the middle.

If the SS stays back with the FS and they're in line with the tackles, this will usually be Cover 2 or Cover 3. In Cover 2, both safeties first steps will be backward toward the sidelines at about a 45 degree angle away from the middle of the field. Cover-4 looks similar to Cover 2, except that the safeties go more toward the endzone rather than at an angle toward each sideline. In a cover 3, the two safeties first step will both be in the same direction toward one sideline or the other (the far sideline).

Keep in mind, with this look, one of the safeties can make his first step forward while the other makes his first step back. This will be Cover-1 or Cover-3 with the forward safety playing Man, Spy, or Blitz.

If both safeties make their first step forward, it's Cover-0 and it's either a blitz or full man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »