Home

NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions?

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #17
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA 12 (PS3) freezes on start-up, any suggestions?

here's the workaround guys

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....-freeze.58527/

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #18
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

For people wary of links , here's the content that rynoaid posted on his site

If your locking after pushing the "Start" button on the initial load, here is what you will have to do for now

To gain access to the NCAA game you will have to disconnect from the network... create a new profile or use a different existing profile.

Start the game with the new profile, then once your into the main menu screen you can switch profile back to your normal one and connect to the network.

You will have to do this every time you load up NCAA.

EA does know about it.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
Rookie

lexus97man's Arena

OVR: 3

Mine freezes at the loading screen ONLY as i'm trying to play any game after week 12 of my offline dynasty. Every other mode is playable, including Play Now, RTG, Coach Mode, and Coordinator mode. I've tried to deleting files and the proposed work around, but no luck yet................will keep trying
Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobzimusPrime
Hello. I'm an NCAA Football 12 developer and am looking into this bug right now. In order to help me get a fix for this bug, I need some more info from everyone who is encountering it. So far, all we know is that the bug happens after Press Start, likely during the time period when the game is loading save files. Also, people are able to get around the crash by disconnecting their HDD or by booting the game while logged out of their profile. Both of those methods avoid loading save files, so my current theory is that this crash is save file related.

This is the info I need from people who are getting this crash:

1. Have you downloaded any roster files? If so, which ones?
2. Have you downloaded any TeamBuilder teams? If so, which ones? Were they new NCAA12 TB teams, or where they TB teams from a previous year's game?
3. Have you edited any players, depth charts, or coaches? Essentially, did you locally change your roster file? If so, what did you do?
4. Did you make any changes to your NCAA12 profile?
5. If you are still getting the crash right now, list the names of all the NCAA12 files you have saved on your storage device.
6. I noticed that some people said they booted the game the first time and didn't get the crash, then booted the game another time and did get the crash. It would be really useful to know what files you changed between when you did get the crash and didn't get the crash.
7. If someone is currently getting this crash and is willing to lose some saved data, there is one thing you can do that will really help me track down this issue. Go into the list of NCAA12 files on your hard drive, pick one and write down its name, delete it, boot the game, and then see if you get the crash. Repeat those steps until you don't get the crash. The last file you deleted will be the one causing the problem. Let me know what that file was.

Thanks everyone for your help in tracking this bug down!
I appreciate all you are doing here to try and get this one problem resolved, but how about your company acknowledging the issues with the pass coverages in the game and posting help threads about that, or at least a confirmation you are working on it. Year after year, this seems to be a constant pattern. How about the broken field goal logic that completely ruins the heisman level? Seems to me, EA needs a quality assurance team. This is not a rant. I am stating fact and there needs to be some posts soon from EA developers about the other bugs this game has. Thanks anyway for this post.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:12 AM   #21
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

System: PS3
I've been having freezing problems since I received the game. It got really bad about wed. Finally today after I guess something was fixed my game wouldnt get pass the "press start screen. I simply deleted Brick42 roster and I haven't had any problems since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #22
Rookie

lexus97man's Arena

OVR: 3

Okay, so I deleted any rosters I downloaded, and pretty much everything else except my dynasty and now it works
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #23
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
System: PS3
I've been having freezing problems since I received the game. It got really bad about wed. Finally today after I guess something was fixed my game wouldnt get pass the "press start screen. I simply deleted Brick42 roster and I haven't had any problems since.
Was that the only file you deleted to get it to start working again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus97man
Okay, so I deleted any rosters I downloaded, and pretty much everything else except my dynasty and now it works
Do you know the names of the rosters you deleted? Also, do you remember what the other files were that you deleted?

Both of you guys, thanks for your replies.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I also deleted my profile. All I play is online so it wasnt that big of a issue to keep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »