Home

My enthralling Target/Best Buy story :P

This is a discussion on My enthralling Target/Best Buy story :P within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: My enthralling Target/Best Buy story :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
So I see people here discussing a deal where Target will give you $20 off of NCAA Football 12 if you trade in NCAA Football 11. But my Target mailer mentions 2 games for a $10 credit, and others seem to indicate the $20 deal is not nationwide. Oh well. So I go to Target to pick it up full price.

The manager tells me I could have gotten $20 off if I'd brought in '11. He says it's part of some Target/Verizon kiosk thing where they buy your old game, give you a credit for $20, and you go get the new one. Great! I think, so I head home and come back with NCAA Football 11 to trade in.

When I return, that guy is gone, and the new people there have no clue what I'm talking about. The guy at the Verizon kiosk says the credit is only good toward Verizon products lol. Finally a manager looks it up and then pulls out this big sign they'd printed that says "The $20 trade in on NCAA 12 was a misprint. It's $40 for 2 games that qualify". Okay so I'm a bit annoyed but that's still a great deal. I ask which games qualify and they give me a web address that lists them.

So I head home and bring in three games from that list. Guess what? Turns out it's only the games on the first 4 pages of the list, and none of my games are on it. But they WILL give me $3 for NCAA 11 and $1.50 for the other game I brought (Splinter Cell), and $3 for Alan Wake. Whoopee.

At this point I let them know how clueless they are and walk out. I'll be writing to Target corporate to let them know as well (like that's going to matter lol).

So anyway I head to Best Buy with the 3 games. They offer $23 for the three, PLUS give me the preorder deal for an extra 40% just to be cool so I got $32 credit on it. Score one for Best Buy on this.

Yeah yeah I know... "Cool story, bro" lol.
My experiences at Best Buy have always been like the one you received at Target. I truly loathe Best Buy.

Regardless, congrats on finally getting it sorted. Were you able to return 12 to Target?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
My experiences at Best Buy have always been like the one you received at Target. I truly loathe Best Buy.

Regardless, congrats on finally getting it sorted. Were you able to return 12 to Target?
I never bought it at Target. They never gave me the deal they kept promising so I gave them a piece of my mind and left. No way they were getting my business after that crap. I even needed some groceries and went somewhere else I was so annoyed lol. I'm not one of these people that just writes off a store forever because of one bad experience (it can happen anywhere and you're mostly just penalizing yourself) but I was done with them for that day for sure.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: My enthralling Target/Best Buy story :P

Sell NCAA 11 on eBay. They can sell $20-$25. I go through Amazon. I paid like $58-59 (no tax). I got the $20 gift card, plus the starter guide

So far I've bought 3 pre-ordered games and ranked up $60 in gift cards, plus starter guides and DLC packs. It basically works out to where I buy 3 games and get 1 free and than sell those games later on eBay for some profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Wait, you guys have Target stores that let you trade in games?
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Wait, you guys have Target stores that let you trade in games?
It was some kind of Target/Verizon thing combined with "networth.com" which I guess recycles old electronics. Frankly the trade-in values were horrible so I wouldn't use it outside of some special.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

I had very little trouble with getting the $20 credit at Target. The only issue I had was that the system had not been set up correctly to take a trade of only NCAA11, so I brought in NCAA10 as well. It would've only been $3.86 in trade, but because of the deal, they printed out a $20 gift card that I was able to use right then.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

I about punched 3 women at my local Best Buy store over their 40% trade in bonus and also their buy 2 get 1 free deal they have. Luckily I didn't, I didn't end up in jail, and I get to play my game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
I had very little trouble with getting the $20 credit at Target. The only issue I had was that the system had not been set up correctly to take a trade of only NCAA11, so I brought in NCAA10 as well. It would've only been $3.86 in trade, but because of the deal, they printed out a $20 gift card that I was able to use right then.
Yeah I think that is how it was SUPPOSED to go, but after 3 trips and 5 different people giving me the runaround I'd had it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »