Home

Issue with receivers and YAC

This is a discussion on Issue with receivers and YAC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Issue with receivers and YAC

I haven't taken a ton of video yet, but here's one where the receiver had room to run after the catch.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I haven't taken a ton of video yet, but here's one where the receiver had room to run after the catch.

LOL...had you thrown this pass at midfield he would have been mud two steps later.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I've never scrambled with my QB like I am this year. I'm so hesitant to throw anything, because either linebackers react like lightning, or the cornerback is magically defying momentum and undercutting the WR's route while my WR gleefully keeps running his route.
Same here, this is my exact experience. It's almost getting to the point where I'm ready to shelf it. No matter what I do, the DB's and LB's are all over my WR's, jumping what seems to be 25 feet in the air, or stepping out in front of the receivers while my receiver makes ZERO effort to make a play on the ball. It's rather annoying to watch all offensive players just, keep running as if they have no clue the ball is in the air, while all the D players just swarm to the ball as if their momentum has zero effect on them whatsoever.

I'm good with being challenged, and suffering consequences for making bad passes into coverage, but I'm not good with being cheated like that however when all the guys on D are like superman. I've even tried my passing sliders up at 100, and the CPU's pass defense down to zero, and I've noticed zero difference. It's gotten really old, really fast.

Nevermind YAC, I'd actually have to complete a pass first. Normally I'd complete 62-65% or so, I'm easily down in the 40's this year because of the D's magical reaction powers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Same here, this is my exact experience. It's almost getting to the point where I'm ready to shelf it. No matter what I do, the DB's and LB's are all over my WR's, jumping what seems to be 25 feet in the air, or stepping out in front of the receivers while my receiver makes ZERO effort to make a play on the ball. It's rather annoying to watch all offensive players just, keep running as if they have no clue the ball is in the air, while all the D players just swarm to the ball as if their momentum has zero effect on them whatsoever.

I'm good with being challenged, and suffering consequences for making bad passes into coverage, but I'm not good with being cheated like that however when all the guys on D are like superman. I've even tried my passing sliders up at 100, and the CPU's pass defense down to zero, and I've noticed zero difference. It's gotten really old, really fast.

Nevermind YAC, I'd actually have to complete a pass first. Normally I'd complete 62-65% or so, I'm easily down in the 40's this year because of the D's magical reaction powers.
Don't shelf it just yet bro but I understand your frustration. If you play a lot offline, definitely take a look at sliders. If you play strictly online like me...well...i don't know what to tell you...lol
Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

I've noticed the same thing many times in my games. Even when my receiver manages to get open and I make a good pass (usually leading) the WR doesn't even attempt to make a play for the ball. I swear I almost threw my controller through the tv the last time it happened. And if I throw a bad pass the WR keeps running as if he's going to talk to one of the cheerleaders while the defender makes a play on the ball.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I've never scrambled with my QB like I am this year. I'm so hesitant to throw anything, because either linebackers react like lightning, or the cornerback is magically defying momentum and undercutting the WR's route while my WR gleefully keeps running his route.
YES! Someone else has seen this too. The receivers smoke the DB off the line, but then while they still have to plant and make their cut, the DB is allowed to break the laws of physics in order to undercut the route. I had a receiver beat the DB off the line of scrimmage by 5 yards, but then as he made his cut (it was a 10 yard dig route) the DB was warped back into position. And I mean WARPED. He must have been running a 3.6 forty time, sideways, without moving his feet. The DB was actually in front on my receiver by the time I threw the ball.

Granted, that was an exceptionally bad example, but this kind of thing happens on practically every play. Receivers, based on their positioning, should be able to create some separation but the DB is warped back into position.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Initially, I found myself getting frustrated because I couldn't complete a pass, but once I realized I had to actually read the defense, I've been money. The throws I made last year are just not there, anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

there are more than a few issues with the ai in the game. I've had 2 instances in game where I've created a turnover have a lead blocker and I'm being chased down and insted of keeping the defender off me he just runs forward not paying attention to anything that might be behind us. Then when I' try to use him as an ai shield he moves with me and slows me down.

I've had this happed a lot. throw a pass to an open receiver and it hits him in the helmet. not in the facemask because he's looking back but smack in the helmet.

last night as wsu(washington state) my wr ran a post I made a nice throw and instead of reaching out ofr it or looking for it, he focused on the route and boom int.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »