Home

PLEASE don't patch the gameplay, EA....

This is a discussion on PLEASE don't patch the gameplay, EA.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #57
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PLEASE don't patch the gameplay, EA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
I think a lot of you are going to be sorry. All you do is whine about the linebackers and DBs, so when EA listens to you and breaks the game in half, you'll be crying that it's impossible to stop drags/slants.

Just because you don't know how to read the zone properly doesn't mean we should all suffer. I don't think this is something EA can just "fix" without breaking it entirely. Why can't some people understand that?

The gameplay is A- this year, they can't make it A+ with a simple patch. Just enjoy the A- and let them focus on next year or else it'll be NCAA 11 all over again.
I'll agree with you to a point in terms of general concept. I'd give it a B+ overall but that's quibbling.

I can tell you the God's honest truth, though, even if I agree with you: There are a number of situations where I KNOW I've made the right play, right choice, read zone right, etc. etc. and it just doesn't happen when you know it should.

No question I've never been more gun shy then I am now. And I'll say this as someone who thought in past years the passing was way super easy at times and full of easy cheesefests.

At the very least I'm wondering how effective sliders actually are right now.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can't believe people are saying the DB coverage (specifically safety coverage) doesn't need to be fixed. It's annoying knowing you can throw deep all game over the top of the safeties.

They pause for a second while the guy runs right by them...on any level. That needs to be adjusted. Outside of that, gameplay is fine.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #59
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkmoney11
I can't believe people are saying the DB coverage (specifically safety coverage) doesn't need to be fixed. It's annoying knowing you can throw deep all game over the top of the safeties.

They pause for a second while the guy runs right by them...on any level. That needs to be adjusted. Outside of that, gameplay is fine.
What? I never get beat deep. My record online is like 30-10, and those ten losses weren't because people were beating me deep. That is NOT an issue.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 8

getting beat deep hasn't been an issue for me. When I've gotten beaten deep I actually deserved to be. i.e. missed sacked, cb beaten off the line, or safety blitz and I left my CB on an island. besides those examples I don't get beat deep
Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
What? I never get beat deep. My record online is like 30-10, and those ten losses weren't because people were beating me deep. That is NOT an issue.
Good gracious man, If you think the deep ball coverage is ok in this game, you just lost a lot of credibility with me, because you either don't have enough knowledge of how the pass coverage is supposed to be or you have blinders on.

Why don't you observe a CPU vs CPU game and just watch the computer throw deep completions on itself over and over again. This is not human error. This is the computer exploiting its own coverage issues. I recently watched a game where ND put up 70 on Boston College because of this exploitation. The issue is safety awareness. They do not react to a receiver in their zone until the ball is thrown. By that time the receiver is past them and the safety is playing catch up.

The pass coverage is horrible against the deep balls in this game. If this one issue is not or can't be patched, NCAA 12 is down the drain this year.

This is a fundamental that cannot be overlooked.

Please say you were kidding or something. "pass coverage fine?" Really?

Last edited by SECElit3; 07-25-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #62
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

One issue I have noticed is the passing game is SUPER PASSIVE!

I mean, every single animation is passive. There are no aggressive catches. This leads to a lot of interceptions. The AI defender will go for the jump ball, or the over the shoulder catch, while the reciever will keep running and try a waist high, or sometimes shin high catch when they should be trying to make an aggressive catch.

Every time I throw to the endzone, or deep sideline to my elite recievers, I can just picture my reciver turing on one foot, jumping up and having the ball hit him in the waist. While in this game, he just keeps running, the defender stops, and it ends up an easy interception.

Another example I have, is on Post routes, particuarly on PA. The CB or Safety in the deep zone will come up to make a play and despite the angle I am running at, once i try to start the catch animation it changes the angle I'm running at to let the DB to make the pick.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

at first I supported this thread, but after playing 3+ dynasties and finding all the problems with pass cvg and the roster bug....def need a patch sorry pal
Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #64
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9

The pass coverage issues in online user games vs. The coverage in offline games is night and day. There are some AI issues in cpu games but user v. user games are better than ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »