Home

Reading corners presnap

This is a discussion on Reading corners presnap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Reading corners presnap

In football usually if a corner is in man he lines up inside the receiver or on top of him to jam. This seems to not b the case in this game. So I ask you what's the key to reading them in this game? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Re: Reading corners presnap

34 views an no replys? Did I not ask the question right? Come on guys
Old 07-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I read how close they are to the receiver. If they are right on top, they are either pressing or in a flat zone. 5 or so yards off is normal. More than that and they are playing prevent and/or likely in a cover 3. 2 corners on one guy or one creeping toward the line means a blitz usually. Loading one side can help determine the defense more because they usually don't man align in zone. In 11 (haven't checked if it's in 12) Shotgun - Trips - Flanker Dig was a good play to read the DBs on. The outside receiver ran a 10-15 yard In. The inside receiver ran a quick out. The middle receiver ran a fly route. If there were two corners over the outer two and a safety over the inner receiver, then it was man. If there was only one and a safety, it was likely zone. Guys creeping meant a blitz. My first read after the snap was always the quick out because when the safety is in man on him, he is open for a quick dump of and about 5+ yards running. After that the RB was my read in Man and the Mid In was probably my next read in zone.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The key is to see where they're at right away, before any adjustments are made. If you're in a tight or bunch formation and the corner goes out wide before coming in, he's probably in zone.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

I have been labbing this in practice an it seems they almost always lineup the same way unless it's a corner blitz. Very disappointing they missed this part of how real football is played.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »