Home

The Weirdest National Championship Game You've Seen On The Game Thus Far...

This is a discussion on The Weirdest National Championship Game You've Seen On The Game Thus Far... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #25
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Weirdest National Championship Game You've Seen On The Game Thus Far...

Baylor is a force in my dynasty and won a NC...they are also in the hunt most years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
Something like this happened to me in 11...

LSU was...10-2 going into the SEC Championship game... Alabama was sitting at 11-1. LSU went over Alabama because Alabama's lone loss was to LSU. LSU,who had lost an OOC game to someone then lost to Arkansas. Alabama, however was ranked higher than LSU in the BCS polls. LSU lost the SEC Championship game to S. Car. Alabama goes on to the National Championship game 11-1 against my 13-0 UAB Blazers... Nail-biting 42-50 OT win for me... Had LSU won against S. Car., they would have jumped Alabama almost assuredly, and I may not have won the championship...

So far in 12, things have looked... reasonable... I had Boise and Alabama duke it out for the national title... Alabama won in OT. This was in a "practice" dynasty I started with Troy...
I had 12-1 #16 GaTech (who won the SEC) behind at least 2 SEC teams. Not sure how it happened unless they were ranked horrible to start the season.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:27 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Some of the scenarios you guys have posted isn't as unlikely as we may think! Few of them would warrant major losses and upsets to get them (the lower conference teams) in the NCG,but stranger things have happened in the past. I would suggest everyone ignore it because at the end of the day it's just a video game and not real life, even though it's based in reality. Anything can happen if the right circumstances presented themselves...my 3bitz.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:31 AM   #28
Rookie

irishdevil15's Arena

OVR: 1

Although it is from NCAA 09, this was the most bizzare NC game I have ever seen. I was in an online dynasty with my friend and Northern Illinois beat Boise St to take home the Natty. I was Iowa, and the craziest part about it was that NIU jumped me in the final rankings (I was #2, they were #3) and ended up winning it all. Still haunts me to this day
San Diego Chargers
Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Ohio vs. Air Force, Ohio won, enough said.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Ohio vs. Air Force, Ohio won, enough said.
Wow.

10char
Old 07-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #31
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I know Pittsburgh won the most recent. The oddest reason about that though was it was year 3. They are ranked 89, in a super conference of 89-99 ranked schools (14 of them) and in the hardest division. They were one of the lowest ranked teams but won the conference and the NC.

UCF get's pretty scary later on in your dynasty. Especially if they get bumped up conferences. They are sitting at a 93 OVR right now.
Yeah, I just finished simulating Year 3 and UCF is busting heads lol. They went undefeated in Year 2 & 3. So far Ive only moved TCU to the Big East and Fresno St. / Hawaii / Nevada to the MWC in Year 2.

Year 1 NC game - Ohio St. vs TCU with Ohio St. winning.
Year 2 NC game - Oklahoma vs Boise St. with Ohlahoma winning.
Year 3 NC game - Wisconsin vs WVU with Wisconsin winning.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #32
Rookie

iAMcar1os's Arena

OVR: 0

Year 3 in my Dynasty... Ole Miss and Nevada in the BCS National Championship Game... Year 4... Nevada and Penn State...

Like when did Nevada get this good? I'm playing as Arizona State (job I was offered when I was the OC at SMU).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »