Home

What We Take For Granted

This is a discussion on What We Take For Granted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What We Take For Granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldd
I agree with all these people that are saying that we take everything in this game for granted. People expect this game to come out and be a completely perfect game without any flaws whatsoever.

I found it very funny, yet very sad that I came onto this forum the other day and saw a "NCAA Football 13 Wishlist" Thread. I mean, really guys?? The game just came out 4 days ago. Give it a chance before you write it off as a busted game and look forward to next year.

Before you guys come on here and complain, take a look at these photos:

Look at the last one. Their "BIG" new features are Windowless Passing Mode and a whole 36 new plays....

All I am trying to say is we should all be thankful for what all they CAN put into a college football game these days, rather than griping and whining about such things as not seeing enough Punt Return TDs and worrying that a stripe on a uniform is 3 centimeters too far to the right....

Ok. I'm done now.
LOL, I almost bought this yesterday, but got college football 96 instead, haven't played it yet though, because of you know what.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #18
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Fine line between being grateful & constructive criticism. Step over that line and youre a "fanboy" or "whiner". Ill stop there.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
I wonder how often that game froze
You tryna tell me you never had one of those old games freeze? Surely you remember having to blow the cartridge to get it to work sometimes...lol...c'mon son
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
Maybe it's just because I'm from a bit of a different generation, but I remember begging for Super Nintendo games that were $60, then taking them home and learning a tough lesson about the value of money. Those games couldn't be patched. Once you bought it, you were stuck with it, crappy or not. That's just one reason why gaming magazines/rental places were as popular as they were, but I'm getting off topic.

I'm 24 now, but I would have killed for something like this when I was 10-12 years old. I'd laugh if EA just said, "nah, we're not going to release NCAA next year, too many complaints." Some people act like they're entitled to everything. No one forced you to spend $60. No one forced you to buy it when you could have just as well rented it.

If you bought on release day and are now disappointed, be disappointed in yourself for being an uniformed buyer.

I, on the other hand, bought before release day, and I couldn't be having more fun with this year's game.

To each their own. I know some people aren't happy, but no one should act like anyone was robbed of their money here. That's pretty dumb if you ask me.
I suspect that a lot of board members have never been on a $60 date. You hear the way some of them whine? They need some love.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #21
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
You tryna tell me you never had one of those old freeze? Surely you remember having to blow the cartridge to get it to work sometimes...lol...c'mon son
Oh My God! I hated that... it was the worst thing to be in the middle of a game and then have it freeze... I'd be so mad when I would have to blow in the cartridge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #22
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
You tryna tell me you never had one of those old games freeze? Surely you remember having to blow the cartridge to get it to work sometimes...lol...c'mon son
I am not that old, only thing i remember having to blow in is 64 games(and game boy). How many people had to buy another super Nintendo becuase the first one broke?
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Fine line between being grateful & constructive criticism. Step over that line and youre a "fanboy" or "whiner". Ill stop there.
That's one thing about this forum. Even if the criticism is well stated and constructive, someone will catch feelings and personally attack the poster. Some of these problems were indeed in NCAA 11. The game can be very fun once adjusted...but for now it can be frustrating. I took for granted the competition provided by other developers.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2727
We take nothing for granted. We pay 60 bucks for a game that needs to be patched on release day and still has the same problems we have been talking about for years. EA takes their customers for granted...because they can...they have exclusivity rights. I know this is exactly the sort of response you didn't want. Sorry about that...but I think you may get a few more.
Did EA put a gun to your head and make you buy the game? If you have the same complaints for many years then why keep buying it. You think pitching on a forum will get it fix eventhough you have been filling EA's bank account every year.

Nobody is going to take you serious if you say EA takes me for granted but you still buy every year. I love football but if I felt like you I would speak with my money and not my keyboard. Or perhaps you feel that EA is reading your tantrums while counting the hundreds you spent over the years. If I was EA I would not take you serious if I always disappoint you but you still buy my product. Is not food or rent, is a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »