Home

CPU Option

This is a discussion on CPU Option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
CPU Option

The CPU makes awful reads at times. Plain and simple. 3rd down, need two yards? The CPU quarterback loves to have 3 yards but dish it to the HB/FB for a small loss instead. I could pull my hair out.

The question is, is there a way to fix this? Has anyone had an option team really pound them?

I play on AA, and GTech has had some decent games(I've played GTech several times today, I'm obsessing over this a bit) against me, but its usually a lot of minimal gains to losses and a few big plays. They cannot sustain a drive and punch it in. Anyone care to share some thoughts? I'd die if the CPU started making good reads - seems like this should be possible.

I can't really comment on the read option - I haven't played many spread option teams, if any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Option

The CPU option has always been weak at the option in my opinion and as far as I know there's no way to fix it.

That must be something really hard to program. I mean, knowing who to pass it to and when is a matter of distance from defensive player to receiver. Running is a matter of going to where the hole is. To make the quarterback evaluate how far the defender is from him, how far they are from the pitch man, yardage gained already, etc. They've just never seemed to figure it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »