Home

2 questions before I buy this game

This is a discussion on 2 questions before I buy this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2 questions before I buy this game

1. Does the AI QB ever tuck and run on pass plays?

This NEVER happened last year. If the play broke down, the AI qb stays in the pocket or scrambles, but no matter what would never run no matter how practical it may be.

2. Do the recruits have more realistic size, weight, and talent?

I do not want to see - 180 lbs centers, 325 lbs wr, 5 star qb with 60 arm accuracy, 4 star QBs that are unusable due to severe lack of skill, any wr/db/hb with 71 speed, etc.

I still like to play dynasty mode against ai. But if fast qb's never tuck and run then I am done with this game.

I should not have to be a 6 star team to get a decent QB. I simmed 5 seasons last year and every team except 4 or 5 were completely ******** with regards to their rosters. This bothers me since these 2 things were never an issues on PS1 or PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2 questions before I buy this game

1) Scrambling QB's actually run a lot. It's kinda cool but can be hard to defend.

2) Not sure about recruiting. Haven't started dynasty yet.

I love this year's game. Find some good sliders and you should really enjoy. JMO
Old 07-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Cool. At least gameplay has main problem fixed. Now if I could only block a field goal more than once ever 15 seasons...
Old 07-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3

Recruiting is the best the game has ever been. The ratings are much more realistic and you can get get good players that are 1-3 stars unlike last season. I signed a 3 star JUCO, 104 overall OLB, and he came in at 81 overall. No need to just go after 4-5 star guys. This year you need to keep an eye out for those lower ranked players.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfever
Recruiting is the best the game has ever been. The ratings are much more realistic and you can get get good players that are 1-3 stars unlike last season. I signed a 3 star JUCO, 104 overall OLB, and he came in at 81 overall. No need to just go after 4-5 star guys. This year you need to keep an eye out for those lower ranked players.

sweet. thanks. looks like i will continue with this franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »