Home

SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing

This is a discussion on SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SPARQ has takin he fun out of recruiing

NCAA 2009 PS2 had the best balance of 5-star players throughout the positions. It seems like after that, EA decided to get 5-star happy with the skill players and simply removed the 5-stars from the other positions.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #34
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks223
Well stop recruiting a bunch of wr, ath, and rbs, and start recruiting o-lineman. It's not rocket science, just go after your needs. It's not like it's any more of a advantage to the cpu, if they can't recruit 5 star o-lineman as well.
Besides all that, you are wrong there are a bunch of 4-5 star o-lineman.
I do recruit what i need what its crazy how they want u to meet coaching requirements like "1 top 10 player and 10 4stars" when u don't even need none of the top then players they have to offer cuz u already loaded at those positions. its stupid.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 13

I think only skill position players really warrant 5 stars. OL, DE, DTs, they're not the game changers that WRs, CBs, and HBs are. I didn't like it at first and thought it was a mistake, but it's not. It's realistic. Even the best lineman aren't 5 star recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I think only skill position players really warrant 5 stars. OL, DE, DTs, they're not the game changers that WRs, CBs, and HBs are. I didn't like it at first and thought it was a mistake, but it's not. It's realistic. Even the best lineman aren't 5 star recruits.
Really? Cause the number 1 overall player the last two years according to Rivals was a DE
Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Not true. Last years rivals top ten players had 6 defenders and 2 offensive lineman on it.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
Rookie

smithc6's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
This statement is very telling. Its obvious the only football youve ever played was on your TV...
Old 07-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well I guess you dont know who Jake Long is or Shentrel Henderson, Maybe Joseph Barksdale????? All were 5* OL that were ranked in the top 10 coming out of High School. Most of the time it is a OL or DL that is the number one recruit in the country. You guys need to think before you just start talking crazy!!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdreamz
how has it taken the fun out, because you can't be a 6* program and offer 20 out of the first 25 and sign them... now you have to search and search... because now a great OL could be 2* and better than a 3*, but will the rating be 2* based...
listen there is still a top OL it don't matter if he is 4* or 3*

the problem that i see happening is in progression... if you have 15 out of the top 35 5* be WR...then in 4 years ...are you going to have like 60 wr at 90+ and OL/DT are going to top out at like 85

progression/star rating should not be sparq rated
that's how it is in real life..... plenty of 5* recruits turn out to be busts, and some of the 3* recruits turn out to be all stars...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »