Home

Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't.

This is a discussion on Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Custom Offensive Playbooks. What works and what doesn't.

I have used offensive playbooks based on Oregon and Boise State and both work fine.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
To the OP:

I've built 2 good pbs (I've had no issues with defensive books), one based on Miss. St and the other on Nebraska. I've tried several times to get a ND book to work (I really wanted their wildcat formation) but have never been able to due to the undefined play (which I think is a hail mary) in the SG-spread formation. I've tried it with 1 play in SG-spread and I've tried it was about 20 plays in the formation, but they both got bugged.
The Hail Mary plays are based out of 3 Shotgun formations (4WR Trey, 4WR Trio, Spread). These plays will not show up in the formation in the audibles screen or in game. However, they will show up in the reorder screen. They will have their correct name (Hail Mary, Hail Mary Trips, and Circus). This is a non-issue.

As far as the Shotgun - Normal goes, if you try to remove it, it will be on your audibles screen with only the play Four Verticals. If you check the plays in that formation, you will see that Four Verticals is not in the Shotgun - Normal formation. This is what I call a "Hidden" play. From what I have seen, a playbook with these plays is more likely to be bugged than one without.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have it working fine. I really don't know what to say.

But it is obvious there is something going on because I have seen dozens of posts talking about the same thing happening.

I have a feeling it will be patched.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #20
Rookie

bmxnw's Arena

OVR: 2

I was able to make a Defensive playbook that works using the Multiple D base. All my attempts with the 3-4 and the 4-3 have failed.

However, take notice while using a custom playbook on defense. If you don't pick your play on time, the CPU will pick Punt Block for you EVERY TIME. Any passes or runs up the middle will most liely result in a TD against you.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yo Bmxnw, Nice work man.

I was doing alot of playbook testing myself and I noticed alot of the same things as you (plus you spotted a few things I missed.) I don't have any "do's or dont's" to add to your post but I definitely wanted to say thanks for takin' the time to post all that info. Alot of good stuff in that post that really helps to revive the custom playbook feature for those having issues (like myself).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Wisconsin is another pro style offense playbook that you can base your playbook off of.

I did and it works fine. Added the Full House, Maryland I Heavy and Wide, the Wishbone, multiple Shotgun formations, multiple Ace formations, and a couple of I forms.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #23
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Created a playbook based off Nevada with lots of pistol but also power running formations and it works fine. No shotgun in it.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #24
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

To avoid getting stuck with one of the frozen formations in Shotgun, I just use Navy as a base, add Ace Big to get over the minimum plays and then delete all the Flex. From there you add anything you want and delete Ace Big when you're done.

The playbook type remains option, which is ok for since I do run an option book, but not sure how that would impact recruiting or gameplay in a dynasty if you don't run option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »