Home

WTF!!! EA.... somebody explain this.

This is a discussion on WTF!!! EA.... somebody explain this. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
WTF!!! EA.... somebody explain this.

Ok fella's Ive tried to give ea a pass with some of their bs, but this is so blatant that I'd like an explanation.

So Im adjusting sliders, reading threads, really trying to have an open mind about the game. Well, I go and adjust the quarterback accuracy down to 0. I play a few games (on heisman btw) and notice a few underthrown balls and a couple sail out. But not as drastic as I would've thought with it at ZERO. Not to mention a lowly rated qb.typically go 60-65%.

Fast foward to practice mode, and wow. day and night difference. I almost can't complete a pass. Balls going all over the place.

WHAT IS THIS!!!! The sliders work differently in practice mode vs. game mode. I just don't understand. It feels like I don't know what actually works and in what capacity. DAMN YOU EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: WTF!!! EA.... somebody explain this.

In before lock!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sliders is a pseudoscience. Seriously, they were put in the game a long time ago to give the player a unique experience and to customize the game, however, through years of experimenting, they have little to no effect.

Some sliders may even be broken, and this is the worst part. The sliders are mutually exclusive, however it has been shown that some sliders can effect the other sliders. That's just not right. If you adjust a slider, any other slider that is effected should move too.

One guy has a statistically perfect game, says it "feels" right. Comes on here, reports it, and then he has a bad game and says it needs adjusting. There will never be a perfect setting for the sliders, the only perfect slider is a slider that doesn't slide.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
In before lock!
LOL, nice!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

lol good God ; I dont ever use practice but I fully believe it with how many kinks are in this year's game
Old 07-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Just FYI guys, I've personally received warnings and even temp bans for IBTL messages. Consider yourselves warned.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Why would this thread be would locked? Because he is stating a fact about something else broken with EA's football games programing.

I went into practice mode and turned QB acc to 0. And I could not hit a man on a 10 yard in route consistenly with a QB that had 80 thp and 72 tha . Then with the same sliders , same QB I go into a quick game. And all of a sudden the sliders dont mean anything. Im passing at a 70% clip. On the same patterns that I ran in practice mode.

So of course I went back into practice mode. To see if its just me or if EA has overlooked or messed up or made a mistake that they will take care of next year (lol yea right how many years have we been hearing that?). And yea my QB is now throwing like he cant hit the ocean even though he is swimming in the water.

Anyone of you guys that changes sliders give it a try and see how it goes. QB acc works completly different in practice than it does in a game. Which is really silly since alot of sliders guys check outcomes of situations in practice with slider adjustments. But then to get to a game and see all of the adjustments dont mean or do anything. Yeah WTF EA???
Old 07-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Why would this thread be would locked? Because he is stating a fact about something else broken with EA's football games programing.

I went into practice mode and turned QB acc to 0. And I could not hit a man on a 10 yard in route consistenly with a QB that had 80 thp and 72 tha . Then with the same sliders , same QB I go into a quick game. And all of a sudden the sliders dont mean anything. Im passing at a 70% clip. On the same patterns that I ran in practice mode.

So of course I went back into practice mode. To see if its just me or if EA has overlooked or messed up or made a mistake that they will take care of next year (lol yea right how many years have we been hearing that?). And yea my QB is now throwing like he cant hit the ocean even though he is swimming in the water.

Anyone of you guys that changes sliders give it a try and see how it goes. QB acc works completly different in practice than it does in a game. Which is really silly since alot of sliders guys check outcomes of situations in practice with slider adjustments. But then to get to a game and see all of the adjustments dont mean or do anything. Yeah WTF EA???
Not that is SHOULD be locked. But it will be. You're not allowed to criticize the developers. Just a rule they have.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »