Home

Just played my first NCAA 12 game. Is this pretty realistic score/team stat-wise?

This is a discussion on Just played my first NCAA 12 game. Is this pretty realistic score/team stat-wise? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

Ryan77's Arena

OVR: 0
Just played my first NCAA 12 game. Is this pretty realistic score/team stat-wise?

Tennessee (Me) vs Kentucky. Tennessee is a little bit better.

Jan 1, - at
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Kentucky ()0014014
Tennessee ()077317
Team Stats Comparison
272Total Offense310
173Rushing Yards75
99Passing Yards235
7First Downs15
21Punt Return Yards6
127Kick Return Yards68
420Total Yards384
2Turnovers0
3/53rd Down Converstion5/10
0/04th Down Conversion1/1
02-Point Conversion0
0/0Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/1
1Penalties0
9:09Posession Time11:51

Hows that look? One thing I noticed, is that I didn't have a single penalty...is there anything else looking pretty unrealistic? please reply.
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah, rah, rah!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Just played my first NCAA 12 game. Is this pretty realistic score/team stat-wise?

7 first downs is quite low, but not particularly strange.

1 combined penalty is ... well, you mentioned it.

3rd down conversion attempts are also low for both teams. Five minute quarters I assume? I play double that, so ...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Just played my first NCAA 12 game. Is this pretty realistic score/team stat-wise?

How do you get the stats to print like that? Would make it easier to submit stats on slider pages.

And the first downs are generally low in this game. NCAA range last year was 14-27 a game but that is hard to get in this game because there are too many long plays. You get the right number of yards, but not in the right chunks.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
How do you get the stats to print like that? Would make it easier to submit stats on slider pages.

And the first downs are generally low in this game. NCAA range last year was 14-27 a game but that is hard to get in this game because there are too many long plays. You get the right number of yards, but not in the right chunks.
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...1&sport=ncaafb
Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have had some really weird games. To me, sometimes it feels like the computer rolls a dice before the game and decides if it is going to go into I'm awesome mode. Played a 5-5 Penn State team last night. For some reason couldn't stop them... at all... seriously. My defense had been pretty solid all year, usually giving up 17-24 points (with 7 min quarters). But for some reason, in this game, the only possession I could stop Penn State was when they threw a pick 6.

I literally partitioned my way through all of the possible defensive adjustments and nothing worked. No one could tackle. Players were running the wrong way. I finally shut off the game at 78-62 in the 4th quarter. Anyone know what causes these random games? My friend also had a game where Cal put up 70 on him for 3 quarters after he had shut out his previous 2 opponents (that were top 10 teams).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

You can't judge the realism of game total stats unless you look at total plays. How many plays for each side?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

depends on how the quarters are
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

UK not passing for a lot is accurate. Our new QB and offense=very unproven. I also think we will have a strong running game and they seemed to run well on you so as a UK fan very realistic, including the close loss. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »