Home

3-4 vs 4-3

This is a discussion on 3-4 vs 4-3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

OVR: 2
3-4 vs 4-3

I haven't tried this yet, but does is this year's version of the game able to distinguish the unique traits of a 3-4 OLB from a 4-3 OLB? or a 3-4DE/NT from a 4-3DE/DT?

I've been wanting to switch to a 3-4 Defense a number of times throughout the years, but the games in the past seem incapable of rating players correctly for a 3-4 defense.

I don't want my 6'1 220lb OLB to play as a 3-4OLB. or a 6'2 250lb DE to be my 3-4 DE. I want the game to be smart enough to know that if I switch my base defense to a 3-4, I want DT at DE, and smaller speedy finesse DEs at OLB.

Has anyone tried making a conversion to 3-4 yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I like the way the 3-4 plays this year. As for finding personal, that may be a problem.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 3-4 vs 4-3

Just recruit and set up the formations yourself. The game isn't going to automatically predict that you want so-and-so here and not there.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Just recruit and set up the formations yourself. The game isn't going to automatically predict that you want so-and-so here and not there.
That's not really the point. The point is that in the past, the game doesn't factor in the 3-4 OLB spot, and thus doesn't rate it properly. You can set up the formation the way you want, but if you move a player from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, their rating plummets even though thats their appropriate position. So I was just hoping someone has tried this and can tell me if moving a player from 4-3 to 3-4 changes their rating drastically.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

Can't you edit the ratings in dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Percenter
You can.. but that's not realistic. In order to improve an OLB's overall rating, you'd have to increase a bunch of stuff that only makes sense for a 4-3 OLB like man coverage, zone coverage, etc that would completely change the ability of the player you're putting at 3-4OLB. The point is, a different skillset is required for 3-4 OLB, one that is simillar but not the same as, a "Pass Rushing" DE in a 4-3. Changing that many variables would ruin the game IMO.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5

As for as I can that part (that if you change positions their rates go down) is the same.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ9er
That's not really the point. The point is that in the past, the game doesn't factor in the 3-4 OLB spot, and thus doesn't rate it properly. You can set up the formation the way you want, but if you move a player from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB, their rating plummets even though thats their appropriate position. So I was just hoping someone has tried this and can tell me if moving a player from 4-3 to 3-4 changes their rating drastically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Percenter
You can edit ratings in dynasty. The game isn't going to differentiate between a LB suited for the 4-3 versus a LB suited for the 3-4. It's also not always going to play nice when moving a DE to LB. I do see unique cases where it works, but it's usually a player that has actually made the move in life, like Elvis Dumervil. Putting him back on the line makes him a dominate force.

Your best bet is to adjust the ratings yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »