Home

Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

This is a discussion on Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Need Community Help For Crash After Press Start

I didn't delete my rosters but I deleted my rtg and now it works fine.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

What I'm really interested in is finding someone who is (a) still getting the crash at Press Start and (b) willing to work with me to help find a permanent fix for everyone (likely by uploading a specific roster file you have). That being said, I realize a lot of people just want to find a way to get around this crash. So here's what I currently know about the crash and the current ways to get around it.

Explanation

It is a crash that occurs after the Press Start screen and after the connecting to the EA servers pop-up, but before the Main Menu appears. It will appear as if the screen is frozen. If you hit this crash, the only thing you can do is reboot your console. It occurs on both 360 and PS3.

I think the crash is caused by some problems with one of the save files. Most users seem to confirm that a roster file is the problem, though some users have reported other files being the problem. It is not any particular roster file that is the problem. Like, it is not some specific downloadable roster causing the crash. It seems like in most cases it is the default, auto-saved roster file which has issues.

The problems with the roster file are likely not caused by any intentional changes the user made. Like, the problems are not that someone changed a name a certain way or created a specific type of player. The problems are more severe, like whole database tables being missing from the roster file. That is not something any user can do intentionally.

Workarounds

A. HIGH IMPACT: Delete all of your NCAA Football 12 saved files from your storage device. Then you should no longer get this crash after Press Start. This is guaranteed to fix the bug for you, but will also destroy all your saved data. To be clear, you will lose all progress in NCAA Football 12 if you chose this method.

B. MEDIUM IMPACT: Delete just your NCAA Football 12 roster files from your storage device. This will probably fix the crash for you, but may not if it's another file type that is affected. This method will only destroy your roster data. A derivative of this method is to delete a single file, boot the game, see if the crash is gone, and if it's not, try deleting another file. Rinse, repeat. That method can be applied to any file type. Basically, you keep deleting files one at a time until you delete the file that is the problem. Of course, you lose progress/data for any of the files you delete.

C. LOW IMPACT: Sign out of your profile/Gamertag before Press Start. Press start and decline all pop-ups that ask you to sign back in. Once you get to the Main Menu, you can safely sign back in. This method will not destroy any of your saved data, but it will not permanently fix the problem for you either. You'll have to use this method each time you boot the game. Another caveat is that you may still hit the same crash in another place. Like if one of the bad save files does eventually get loaded, then the game will have problems when trying to access it.

In Conclusion...

Hopefully this is enough info for anyone interested in the crash or wanting to avoid it. From this point on, let's keep this thread limited to people who want to help me find a permanent fix for the crash for the entire community. Here's the steps you need to take if you want to help.

1. Contact me either by replying to this thread or by sending me a private message (PM).
2. Use method C (LOW IMPACT) above to avoid the crash while waiting for me to get in contact with you. DO NOT DELETE ANY SAVE FILES! You won't be able to help if you delete any save files before I get in contact with you.
3. I will contact you. I will initially reply to you in the method you replied to me (in the thread or by PM). We will then work together to find a fix.

Choosing to help may be a little bit of a hassle, but you are ultimately doing a good thing. You are helping to make a better game for everyone. So thanks in advance for helping, and I hope to get in contact with some of you soon!

Last edited by DobzimusPrime; 07-19-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I need to be more specific about what save files I mean so people don't accidentally their delete save files from other games
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #11
Rookie

Hanndicap's Arena

OVR: 0

i dled my roster from this Gamertag

CcAaRrSsOoNn3

also if it helps, what happened with me was, i had lagged out of a game and i signed out and back in and my game was auto saving, but it was taking forever so i dashboarded and now it freezes. im gonna try the roster deleting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

im willing to help, i currently have the community rosters, an rtg, pastapadre's rosters and patrick morty's rosters on my hdd, i use the low impact method to get around it yesterday but want to see if there is a solution that actually fixes the issue, im currently at work but should be off around 1-2 pm eastern... let me know how exactly you want me to do things
Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Well glad I found this thread. This crash just started happening to me last night. I am at work now but will do whatever I can to help tonight (I will be home at 6pm est). If not, I will try the low impact. I worked to hard on my rosters to start all over again.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #14
NCAA Football Series

DobzimusPrime's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut17
im willing to help, i currently have the community rosters, an rtg, pastapadre's rosters and patrick morty's rosters on my hdd, i use the low impact method to get around it yesterday but want to see if there is a solution that actually fixes the issue, im currently at work but should be off around 1-2 pm eastern... let me know how exactly you want me to do things
Awesome, glad you're willing to help. I'll be waiting to hear from you when you said you'd be available, around 1-2pm EST, so reply in the thread or send me a PM around then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
Well glad I found this thread. This crash just started happening to me last night. I am at work now but will do whatever I can to help tonight (I will be home at 6pm est). If not, I will try the low impact. I worked to hard on my rosters to start all over again.
Thanks for wanting to help! You said you'd be available around 6 pm, but I may not be available until later than that tonight. That's right at the time when I'll be leaving work, going home, and eating dinner tonight. I can probably get back to you around 9 pm EST or so. Would that be ok with you?

I'm going to need this info from both of you guys:

1. What console are you on (360 or PS3)?
2. What is your Gamertag/profile?

Also, the first thing I'm going to ask both of you to do is to pick one of your roster files and upload it. Just upload one file for now. I'll then download that file and see if I can get the crash too. You can wait until we start working together to upload a roster file, or you can do it at your earliest convenience to get a jump on things.

I look forward to working with both of you. Talk to you later!

Last edited by DobzimusPrime; 07-20-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Spuling...
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

im on xbox
gt: bucknut17
ill upload the community rosters that i got from ccaarrssoonn3 first as soon as i get home and send u a pm when i do that and we can go from there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

Has this been linked to the same issue causing freezes while playing a game? I haven't experienced this yet, as I haven't picked up my copy yet. Just been keeping my eye on those threads as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »