Home

Directional pad controls???

This is a discussion on Directional pad controls??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Directional pad controls???

Can you no longer play the game with the directional pad? I have never been good with the analog stick, why would they eliminate that play option, I can't be the only person in the county who prefers to use the directional controls...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Directional pad controls???

I use the analog stick, but the in-game manual indicates that you can use the d-pad to move your player. It's strange that you can't. You're not the only person to mention this.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Banned

Do you have the directions on how to do that, becasue I could not find it. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

The only thing d-pad controls is motioning, and only on offense. Very, very strange they took this out.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Banned

Man, I hope they come up with a patch, or a software wpdate to fix this, or I am just not going to play the game! I hate using the anolog stick!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediSamurai
Man, I hope they come up with a patch, or a software wpdate to fix this, or I am just not going to play the game! I hate using the anolog stick!
No offense, but it's not 1990 any more. The players already move unrealistically, allowing them to only move right or up or whatever just seems worse then being able to give them angles with the analog sticks.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
No offense, but it's not 1990 any more. The players already move unrealistically, allowing them to only move right or up or whatever just seems worse then being able to give them angles with the analog sticks.
Wow. So you think the d-pad only moves you up, down, left and right? We've got a real genius on our hands here.

Anyways. I too exclusively used the d-pad and was disappointed they took it out. I've gotten used to the analog at this point, but it's still a little annoying.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

you can't use the d-pad anymore because how fast the layers run is determined by how hard you press the analog stick, and you can't replicate that with the d-pad.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »