Home

Anyone win the Heisman Trophy?

This is a discussion on Anyone win the Heisman Trophy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
Rookie

The Pizza Guy07's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone win the Heisman Trophy?

Same thing happened to me. Led the nation with 2,127 rushing yards with 23 rushing td, plus 690 receiving yds and 8 td. 1st place all season on the heisman list and then came in 2nd place. The guy who won was a WR, his stats was 1,624 with 18tds. My guy clearly was a better player than him.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
Rookie

georgehives's Arena

OVR: 2

Im playin as Bama and Trent Richardson was the leading vote getter through the whole season den during the Sec Champ game vs. South Carolina he got hurt in the game abd was out for 1 week they took him off the ballot
New York Yankees
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
Rookie

labballin24's Arena

OVR: 8

It's not necessarily broken, but there is something wrong and inconsistent with it. I just simmed the conference championship week and VT's RB's won easily.

I sim it again same results(VT wins again) for the game but he comes in 4th place and QB from Penn State wins it. I even checked his stats and he actually scored 3 TD's in this game(didn't check his stats in the sim before). I understand that the week could have likely determined the winner but to go from 1st to 4th in one week seems pretty unlikely especially after he had a big game.

And also in my only experience winning it I had a freshmen QB at Missouri who didn't even show up in the top 5 until championship week and somehow won it with worse stats than the QB I had a year before.

In that year before I had USM with an RB who broke all the school rushing records(no NCAA records though), and led the voting for the last six weeks yet finished 3rd. MY QB was never even on the list even though he had more TD's and less INT's than the guy I won it with the next year with Missouri.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehives
Im playin as Bama and Trent Richardson was the leading vote getter through the whole season den during the Sec Champ game vs. South Carolina he got hurt in the game abd was out for 1 week they took him off the ballot
That could have been the issue as he did get injured in the game, but come on. I know this isn't an end of world glitch, but their voting is screwy.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
Rookie

btbessaay's Arena

OVR: 1

I won in my second year with my senior running back John White IV. That "godly" buckeye02 and gator roster was complete garbage for Utah (Obviously mis-spelled names, even my number one receiver was now named Vhristopher instead of Christopher). I got gaming tailgates. John White IV is a JC transfer but i used the template of a freshman so I obviously increased his stats, (not too much, based it off of other players) so he's quick and agile but not very fast. He got a lot of playing time my first season (Utah has three stud running backs this upcoming season that NO roster updates have included...) behind my starter (also not on the roster, replaced by a guy that has never gotten time and left over the offseason for medical retirement). LONG STORY SHORT... John got AMAZING progression over the offseason (glitch?) and ended up an absolute stud. Utah's normal schedule (C+) and Oregon State ended up being a #2 (i was #3) and we played Oregon in the pac-12 championship. No games of 200+ yards (again, three stud running backs with LOTS of subs) and John usually had 100+ before the half was over (all I do is run). He won the Heisman easily. something like 150 yards per game, but a TON of touchdowns (20's i believe) not a lot of receiving yards.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #14
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
It's not broken. Just because you put up gawdy numbers doesn't mean your player is entitled to the Heisman trophy. Look at Troy Davis (mid-90's RB from Iowa State). Guy put up huge numbers. Didn't win a Heisman.

I wish people would stop with the knee-jerk reaction and thinking things are broken b/c they don't work out how they would like them to.
THIS. Finally some love for Troy. Back to back 2,000+ rushing yard seasons, only player to ever do that? Not to mention opposing teams would do anything they could to stop him and couldn't? He was the man, if only we could have won a few more games...sigh
Old 07-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #15
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

Same with NCAA11 if you didn't notice. My QB for Texas finished the season with 4000 + passing yards and 35 + TDs with 5 INTs. A WR with 900 receiving and 5 TDs get the final pull over me in the Heisman thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #16
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I won it in my 2nd season as OC at Western Michigan with my HB. Not exactly stellar numbers but I went undefeated. I can see though we are back to the HB dominated Heisman again though that plagued the game for years until the last couple. Only played two seasons but both seasons have been all HB's in the voting.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »