Home

"Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

Yeah WR/DB interaction needs an overhaul. Receivers need to be able to avoid each or DBs when crossing each because it gets annoying to see a WR run into a defender, halting his route which leads to an incompletion or easy pick. Or when a receiver and defensive back are running stride for stride and they go into the exact same over the shoulder catch animation and it is just a 50/50 shot who gets it.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think "fighting for the ball" should extend to fumbles, too. It takes me out of the game a bit everytime I see a fumble and some 300 lb. DL just non-chalantly steps into a pile of bodies and grabs the ball in stride. I'd love to see some collisions as players throw themselves at the ball, maybe see the ball bounce off of some limbs, and possibly even see a ball on the ground for longer than half a second.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree. I also think wr should be able to strafe just like db's. I know everyone hates this b/c of rocket catch, but it seems to me like they should be able to have wr's strafe without having rocket catch. I've got a few ideas but I don't feel like typing a long post. But basically I think this should be doable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
NCAA 12 is light years ahead of NCAA 11 in terms of Computer Offensive AI, running AI, and option AI.

What is still lacking is the absence of any real "fighting for the ball in the air" when a pass is attempted.

I've seen several instances both ways....

-A WR runs a simple curl route, the ball is thrown, and the receiver just stands there, letting the DB covering him run around him and bat or pick the ball. He should be using his body to shield the DB from the pass and make the catch.

-The CPU QB throws a deep pass in the endzone. My 84 rated DB stands there....not even facing the play...and doesn't move. No jumping. No hands in the air. He's in a catatonic state basically with his back to both the WR and the QB. The CPU WR then just jumps up and catches it. This makes you want to throw your controller through a window.

Wide Receivers and Defensive backs need to be a major focus of NCAA 13 in creating some real "Fight for the Ball in the Air" type moments and to cut down on some of these major football "no nos".
AMEN AMEN AMEN!! I was just getting ready to start a thread about this and saw this one.. Couldn't agree more. This is my #2 pet peeve with this game (that's not a glitch/bug) that I believe needs fixed, right behind the audio/commentary!

I sure hope EA sees this thread, let's make it blow up and keep it up top all year long people!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
Banned

I just don't understand why WRs can't attack the ball the same way the DBs do.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrouble
I just don't understand why WRs can't attack the ball the same way the DBs do.
Agreed. My WR are bigger, stronger and can jump higher than my opponents DBs, but they get pushed around like every DB was David Fulcher.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

What they really need to do is mocap 11 on 11 and just let them play naturally. Problem with the interaction is that every thing is staged on a 1 on 1 level. That is why in the line interaction you have 2 or 3 people on the line doing the same move at the same time. Or they take the same path to the QB at the same time.

For all the talk about the new bull rush animation, I have yet to see the cpu do it against me in over 45 games now. The only move I see the cpu use to win against the offensive line is the rip move.

Not we should see it all the time, but no way a person who much stronger then the blocker should they be getting stone walled. And DEs need more variation to their path of the QB.

As it stands now they only rush to the outside of the Tackle, they never rush to the inside. Should be more varied.

And the special team line interaction needs to be overhauled. On punts and FG attempts, there is no rush up the middle. Defenders just get stone walled like it is an invisible force field there.

CPU shows no type of aggression. I mean what is the point of having a special team rating for schools if it doesn't mean anything ? FGs need to be blocked, Punts needs to be blocked.

There needs to be some bad snaps on punts. Punter bobble the ball, miss the ball when kicking, or the ball sails over his head. or ball skips off the ground on the snap. For FGs it needs to be the same way, with bad holds too.

Special team kicking is just too automatic. No threat what so ever. It has been many times the cpu came out in an all out punt block and I came out in a regular punt formation.

Nobody from the cpu came pass my line. That is unrealstic, if you see more guys then blockers, some people should be getting through. But nobody got through.

There is no difference between a 33 awareness kicker or punter from a 93 awareness kicker or punter. They both kick the same way in a smooth motion, robotically.

Robo kicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think in year's past it wasn't as big of an issue since the defenders would drop every INT and didn't have very good AI so EA probably didn't want to make the WR's fight much since everyone was throwing for 400 yards or so a game anyways and it just would have made an offensive oriented game a completely shamockery of the real sport.

But now EA has revamped the defense and made the game much more equal. Defenders have much better awareness (some say too good but that's debatable) and they actually pick balls off most of the time if they get a clean shot at them, which makes the game far more realistic and enjoyable for those of us who enjoy a good, even fight and not just an offensive fireworks.

So now it's really time to make it so that WR's do what WR's do in real life and go after the ball as if their NFL future (or in this case their Madden future, LOL) depended upon it. I would also like to see tall WR's jump ala Plaxico Burress and grab balls on fades. Right now fades are pretty much worthless as the WR timidly waits for the ball while the defender goes after it like a fat kid at a cake testing.

I think this is sort of the ongoing growth of the NCAA series....fix one problem and another issue is created by it. Until now the WR's not going after the ball hasn't been a huge deal, more like a minor annoyance. Guess what, this now NEEDS FIXED IN A MAJOR WAY!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »