Home

Option Blocking AI (Help)

This is a discussion on Option Blocking AI (Help) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Option Blocking AI (Help)

First post here. I know EA said Option running would be harder this year, but I thought that was because they made the LBs smarter, not making it so the LBs go completely unaccounted for. Obviously, in situations where the defense shifts to the side you're doing it, your OL can't pick the LBs up, but when they're not, the OL STILL doesn't block the LBs, and neither does the FB (I'm in Wishbone), leading me to lose like 5 yards every time instantly.

WTF, how do I fix it so that the OLB to the side I'm running it doesn't go unblocked EVERY time? The FB just passes by the OLB, leaving me out to die.

Also, anyone notice how when I hot route, the DBs adjust, looking like they know EXACTLY where I'm throwing? This isn't a question, so just focus on the first one above :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Option Blocking AI (Help)

Anyone know?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Thumbs up Re: Option Blocking AI (Help)

I would look at a couple other threads... you can fix (most) problems with sliders. I think the game is completly broken on Heisman almost impossible to do anything. But with a good slider set you can get good gameplay out of Heisman difficulty.

DO or DO NOT there is no TRY!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

You realize depending on the play a guy is always going to be unblocked. That's the point of running the option.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You realize depending on the play a guy is always going to be unblocked. That's the point of running the option.
Yeah, but it's not supposed to be the LB. Plus, with POWER option, the LB is supposed to be blocked by the FB, and he's running right past the LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have been able to run option pretty well this year. At times I get all blown up, at times I get a small gain at times I rip the defenses heart out. Depends on the play and the read. On occasion the defense just flat out beats me, but most of my bad plays I made bad reads. I had to practice a lot, I started on slow speed to get a feel, then moved up to normal where I like to play. Just keep practicing, it will come.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDR
Yeah, but it's not supposed to be the LB. Plus, with POWER option, the LB is supposed to be blocked by the FB, and he's running right past the LB.
Depends on the defensive front actually.

I haven't had this problem of a guy designated to be locked being left unaccounted for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »