Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
I LOVE passing. I don't know what it is. Everybody plays the game differently. I consistently throw for 350+ with good QBs. My problem is running the ball. I only run spread offenses and I can't run the ball out of Shotgun this year.
This is the third time I've had to reiterate this..

We're not complaining about passing being too difficult. Why do you people keep thinking that's the case? This thread's title isn't "Passing is too hard. WHAAAA!"

Reading comprehension is sorely lacking among the EA fans..

We're upset that the CPU defense behaves unrealistically and the flawed programming detracts from the enjoyment of the game. Bottom line - the passing game just isn't fun.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
I've played on AA and Heisman default sliders. Also used SN's AA, and am currently using a tweaked version of SECElite's AA set.

It's not the sliders, it's the programming. Sliders can't fix everything. If you adjust it so that the psychic db's are less frequent, it makes the passing game too easy. I'm fed up.

Adjusting sliders to make a more realistic game is like performing brain surgery with a chainsaw. You can't excise the tumor without taking half the brain.

I've set it so rushing the ball is very difficult. My HB averages under 4 ypc. Meanwhile, using the same difficult run sliders, my scrambling QB can pick up 10 ypc easily, especially when the defense is in zone (almost every pass play). MLB's are generally good at getting to my QB quickly, but if I scramble out to either side, the OLB playing zone will literally just sit in zone and watch me scamper on by, and then chase me once I've passed him. It's absurd. When I've scrambled past the LOS, the defense should be reacting like I'm a HB, and pursuing me, but they don't.

In my first dynasty (which I quit), my scrambling QB rushed for over 2500 yds and 26 TD's in one season. This was with SN's slider set if it matters. But the sliders have nothing to do with it. I still haven't found a good balance that allows my HB to run for a normal ypc, but makes my QB scrambles less effective. I just have to alter my play style by intentionally throwing the ball away when I know I could scramble for 12 yards. Otherwise it would be too easy.

I love a challenge, I just want it to be realistic.

Edit: Your DE leads the league in sacks? My DE's have 0 sacks combined. Do you run a 4-3 or 3-4?
My DE leads my team. I think he had 9 last year. But its crazy you rush that much with the qb. Every time I run with the qb he goes red.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
240 lb. LBs can instantaneously shift momentum and defy physics with their leaping ability. I didn't know lack of weight or gravity was realistic.

DB's don't need to read the offense or QB to know when the ball is passed and to which receiver. I wasn't aware that all DB's have eyes in the back of their heads. That's realistic.

CB's that know the WR's route and runs it ahead of them. I didn't know DB's could do that. Maybe Revis or Aso should study NCAA to improve their man coverage skills.

DE's in a 4-3 don't do anything. I didn't know that this was the case in real life.

Defenses react way too slowly to QB scrambles. Sometimes they just sit in zone until I'm 10 yards past the LOS. I wasn't aware that was realistic, either.

Thanks for explaining how the defense is 99% realistic. It makes total sense.
Shenanigans.

Hyperbole for the sake of hyperbole makes it impossible to take you seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #76
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0

I am glad I don't see half the problems you all do. I have no problems running or throwing and very rarely see psychic DBs, defense whatever. I never see the defense stack the box on a 4 wide run play. Guess I am just lucky.

Last game I played on default heisman(0 Threshold/Very Slow, building my own sliders)
ND @ Michigan(me)
Robinson - 9/14, 119, 2 TD, 0 INT
Between 2HBs and Robinson I ran 29 times for 183 and 1 TD.

I am not the greatest player but like I said I very rarely see super LBs, etc. I use ask coach so I don't just pick money plays. Guess I will just be glad I see very few issues.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

My problem actually involves my defense. I do exclusive coach mode. Every single time they go deep and my safeties get beat bad. It's a 70 yard bomb every drive. It is driving me insane. Any ideas?

XB1 Gamertag - SupaSpartan24
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #78
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
I am glad I don't see half the problems you all do. I have no problems running or throwing and very rarely see psychic DBs, defense whatever. I never see the defense stack the box on a 4 wide run play. Guess I am just lucky.

Last game I played on default heisman(0 Threshold/Very Slow, building my own sliders)
ND @ Michigan(me)
Robinson - 9/14, 119, 2 TD, 0 INT
Between 2HBs and Robinson I ran 29 times for 183 and 1 TD.

I am not the greatest player but like I said I very rarely see super LBs, etc. I use ask coach so I don't just pick money plays. Guess I will just be glad I see very few issues.
I am convinced half these people don't even have the game. They read about things that occasionally happen and then act like that's how the game plays 100% of the time. The over exaggeration and hyperbole has ruined this forum.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
My DE leads my team. I think he had 9 last year. But its crazy you rush that much with the qb. Every time I run with the qb he goes red.
What team are you playing as? There is a difference in DE production if you're running a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3. 3-4's have more effective DE's.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...id-inside.html

And I don't try to run so much with my QB. That's actually why I restarted my dynasty. Those rushing stats and the overall feel of my dynasty was absurd.

But as I stated, even with my sliders adjusted so that rushing the ball with my HB is a steep challenge, my QB can still run over defenses all day long. I still can't find a way to alleviate this issue. I tried increasing the CPU's pass rush, so I have less time to find a scrambling lane, but it was hit or miss. I was getting sacked 8-12 times a game, but was till rushing for 10+ ypc. It didn't affect my scrambling ability, but it did increase the amount of times I had to scramble due to the collapsing pocket.

Try this. Pick a team with an okay scrambling QB. Call a pass play. As soon as the pocket begins to collapse, scramble out to the flat. The defenders sit completely still in their zone coverage as you scramble past the LoS. A low-medium awareness defender will wait not only until you've crossed the LoS to pursue you, but will often wait until you've run past them until they become suctioned into the pursuit animation.

I just played a game where the OLB was guarding the flats. I had no option but to scramble out in his direction. I was clearly past the LoS, but the OLB just watched me run all the way outside of him and cut up the sideline. Then he and the rest of the defense began to pursue me. It's like running a HB pitch and just bouncing it out around a stationary defender.

I believe it's a problem with the programming of zone defenders and how they can't react to a broken play.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #80
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I enjoy the challenge of the passing game. It's not just slants and crosses anymore. You have to make pr-snap reads, and attack a part of the defense.

I love stacking one side of the field and overloading the defense. I play on Heisman with my sliders. I can easily complete 50% of my passes but I want to complete 60% every game that is my challenge.

Passing IMO isn't easy but its fun trying to beat the defense and get to 60%+.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »