Home

For All You Recruiting Junkies.....

This is a discussion on For All You Recruiting Junkies..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
For All You Recruiting Junkies.....

do u recruit manually or let the CPU recruit for u? and if the latter, what kind of prospects do ya end up with? question i asked is because i handle all the recruiting myself...i started a dummy dynasty with Colorado and all they seem to attract are 3* recruits...i simmed through my 1st year and ended up with a 5-7 record and i only landed 5 recruits...I followed all the recruiting guidelines/tips from fellow posters and I still find it somewhat frustrating...I know my record goes hand-in-hand with the recruiting process.....but i know i can do better then 5 measly recruits....Just wondering if i allowed the CPU to recruit entirely, would i get different results assuming my record was .500 or better....Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: For All You Recruiting Junkies.....

I did all my recruiting for the first two seasons. But I've grown tired of it so I'm just letting the cpu do it now. In one season of recruiting with all the aids on, I signed 16 guys. Only one five star, but a good amount of 4s as well.

As for tips, turn down the difficulty. Playing with a lower school, it's understandable to keep the recruiting difficulty lower. Win more games, have some B+'s or A's in your school's recruiting pitches, then turn it back up. Also, when setting up your board, search for guys who are interested in you. Normally I'll add as many top guys that have me in their top 5. Then look for top 3. Some recruits will have you number one. These should be easy pick ups.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

I do all the recruiting myself. I think this is almost as fun as playing the game ( especially this year :P ). I just like the idea of building a team, how I vision it should be. lol I think there are definitely hidden jems. I have a 4 star athlete that has 90 spd and 78ovr at LOLB. After 2 games into my OD, he is the sack leader. Pretty cool feeling
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

With me doing 95% of recruiting myself (not counting quick calls to guys who have me ranked 1st on their list) I can do the following:

In the 2 star program I'm playing at now (and the test dynasty I ran before rosters came out) I can usually get 15-20 three star recruits during the season. Then I usually get 1 or 2 four star recruits in the offseason recruit session.

When I was 1 star, I got about 10-15 three stars and the rest 1 or 2 stars. If I got really lucky, I could get a 4 star to auto commit.

When I let the computer do it all, I do about half as well. In fact, with a 3 star program that had a great season, I only got about eight 3 star recruits and another two or three 2 stars during the season. I got another 8-10 mix of 2 and 3 stars during the offseason.

Bottom line: Do it yourself.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by synjin
With me doing 95% of recruiting myself (not counting quick calls to guys who have me ranked 1st on their list) I can do the following:

In the 2 star program I'm playing at now (and the test dynasty I ran before rosters came out) I can usually get 15-20 three star recruits during the season. Then I usually get 1 or 2 four star recruits in the offseason recruit session.

When I was 1 star, I got about 10-15 three stars and the rest 1 or 2 stars. If I got really lucky, I could get a 4 star to auto commit.

When I let the computer do it all, I do about half as well. In fact, with a 3 star program that had a great season, I only got about eight 3 star recruits and another two or three 2 stars during the season. I got another 8-10 mix of 2 and 3 stars during the offseason.

Bottom line: Do it yourself.
This. Last year I was a perennial Top 3 Recruiting Class with UGA when I recruited. Got really tired and simmed a year only to end up with the number 22 recruiting class...
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

All good advice....i'll def lower the recruiting difficulty as i had it on heisman...i know i gotta step up the winning part...i know i can reach at least .500 with Colorado...As far as my recruiting pitches goes, i notice that most of em are C's...and whenever they are B's or A's, im always competing against a big-team school that's one-upped me...not really surprised since Colorado is a middle-of-the-road school that hasnt had much success the last decade IRL.....I only search for prospects that are in my top 10 instead of going down the entire list cause i know i wont draw much interest from the upper echeleon of prospects...Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of building my team the way I want it...It's just that i devote so much time to recruiting every week, by the time i'm done, i dont have much interest in playin that week's game....Using up all 10 hours every week takes a lot outta me as funny as that may sound
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I get the players I want and offer them...when I see im way ahead of any other team I let the cpu recruit them the rest of the way.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
I get the players I want and offer them...when I see im way ahead of any other team I let the cpu recruit them the rest of the way.
I tried that...i let the CPU take over recruiting halfway through the season when i had at least 10 recruits havin me as #1....after the season, for some reason i was still #1 on most of their lists (some by overwhelming margins too) but they didnt wanna sign..I found that kinda weird

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »