Home

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 4 times...

This is a discussion on Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 4 times... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 4 times...

So let me just start this off by saying I do love NCAA football and I love football in general (NFL, NCAA, NFL-E and CFL). I also love the NCAA franchise by EA... it's a great franchise that gives me a lot of great gaming moments. Therein lies the rub, however. I think EA has taken advantage of the fact that we as college football and football fans in general and begun to abuse that love.

Every year, no matter how bad the game needs to be patched and how long it takes to be properly fixed up (sometimes 2 months) we always are left with a bad taste in our moths that gets rinsed out with time. Once the spring rolls around it's been month since football has been on TV and a lot of us have put down our copy of NCAA for months as well. Summer rolls in and now the anticipation for the new NCAA comes to a fever pitch. People try and get the game early... people pre order... etc etc.. All this good seems to be wasted and abused. So what is the end result?

We have become EA's playtesters. It's pretty obvious. This itself isn't necessarily bad. The problem is that EA doesn't keep open lines of communication with the community. It's now nearly 3 weeks after release and not ONE peep from EA about these obvious glitches. How is this acceptable? If you're going to use us as your playtesters... then treat us like actual employees and give us updates. Be more active in the community post launch. Take your vacation when the games updates are finished. Give people the power to give feedback that is actioned quicker.

If the folks on this board report that LB's are still super LB's... have a tuner set ready and out right away. If the volumes aren't correct and the game has glitches like the rosters... have those patched right away. If it costs more money to update the game a 3rd time... so be it. That is the cost of doing business the way your doing it. If you aren't prepared to playtest the game properly, then be prepared to pay the cost of an additional update.

I don't want this to become an EA bashing thread as that won't help anything, but I hope someone at EA will read this and agree. If you're going to make us playtesters and release a product that isn't really up to snuff until late August, give us -the community that pays your salaries- the power to have more say, input, and ability to affect change to our product.

That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 4 times...

You are absolutely right, the lack of communication and acknowledgement from EA is by far the worst thing about purchasing their products. The flaws in the game i can deal with to a degree, as long as i know what kind of fix i should be expecting when that time comes. Tbh, i would consider holding off on my dynasty if i had any indication it was going to have the bugs fixed in the next patch. I refuse to sit around only to find they weren't able to fix it satisfactorily and i wasted a month not playing a dynasty.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Look no further than MLB: The Show series. Their team is all over the boards on their website, this website, and even on the in-game forum!

They have patches, roster updates, glitch fixes, and tuners pretty much once a week! Every time i get back on there is a nice article telling me of all the problems they have fixed. Even things i didn't even know were wrong.

That is why The Show is the best sports game out in my opinion. That and Fifa. Fifa is good because there really isn't any bugs/glitches to fix. No online "cheese" to deal with.

EA could learn from those 2 games.. and one of them comes from the same major company... EA
Old 07-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x
Look no further than MLB: The Show series. Their team is all over the boards on their website, this website, and even on the in-game forum!

They have patches, roster updates, glitch fixes, and tuners pretty much once a week! Every time i get back on there is a nice article telling me of all the problems they have fixed. Even things i didn't even know were wrong.

That is why The Show is the best sports game out in my opinion. That and Fifa. Fifa is good because there really isn't any bugs/glitches to fix. No online "cheese" to deal with.

EA could learn from those 2 games.. and one of them comes from the same major company... EA
Let me ask a question... I don't play baseball video games or soccer {Football, for you outside of America} but does EA have competition in those games? I'd be willing to bet the farm they do.

The Death Knell for gaming football was when EA bought exclusivity rights.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x

I agree with everything except for the FIFA part. Last year, a ton of people destroyed FIFA on forums because they took out the "run straight thru the defense with a fast striker" strategy and made you play the wings. While that was going on, there were a ton of other issues. Guess what? EA NEVER SHOWED UP. Not once did EA comment on the issues. They never even patched/fixed any of the big ones. They never even commented on the actual EA Fifa forum at easports.com. It's truly in their character to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

I was just about to bring up The Show. They really understand the value of customer service even after the game's release. It seems like once EA sells this years game and has your money, they put their blinders on until next year's game is released and the process repeats itself. At least give small updates and let the community know you are working on something or even just acknowledge there is a problem.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Yep, when something as fundamental as playing proper deep coverage, has the problems this game has, I would say we have a problem.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, MLB: The Show has MLB 2k11 for competition and FIFA has PES2011 for it's competition. I just wish the teams that made the better games got the correct license for their games... EA made the best baseball game. 2K made the best football(my opinion). Now... neither get to make that game...

aarontab,
I guess i never caught a glimpse of that due to this current FIFA being my only one since around 08 i think. Love that game but it still doesn't suprise me that they never showed up to talk.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »