Home

EA & Consumer Respect

This is a discussion on EA & Consumer Respect within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #73
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA & Consumer Respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6...feature=relmfu

Thought this went pretty well with the thread.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #74
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
Guys... EA has been making football games for 20 years...

And they have yet to figure out in ANY version how to incorporate pass interference into the game. A penalty that is part of football and keeps us on the edge of our seats with literally every single pass downfield. It's completely odd that we've been beaten down to the point that we don't even blink at this fact. If they suddenly took holding out of next years version, wouldn't you react? The free pass EA gets is just bizarre.

They don't care. End of story.
I had my first one called all year in a game earlier today. And it was downright hilarious. Why? Because it was for interfering with a RB on a HB slip screen behind the line of scrimmage, where pass interference cannot be called.

I laughed so hard. My first and only DPI call in this game comes on a play where there cannot possibly be DPI. Oh EA, you make me chuckle.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #75
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
I'm really close to calling NCAA 12 the worst edition ever released. There too many problems with this game. Almost no significant crowd noise, bad passing game, quiet tackles. The defense is so empowering at times it seems pointless to even pass the ball. The qbs can't throw passes like they could before. It seems likevtheost basic pass is intercepted. The custom playbills are cool, but the formations save all out of order and audibles that should saved are don't show up. What the crap is EA doing? I think they are losing continuity with what the game is suppose to be about...FUN
Agreed. For the life of me, I can't figure out what game the people who scored this thing an 8.5 or higher were playing.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 03:36 AM   #76
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

EA's games all feel incomplete. Whether it be the lack of presentation, dynamic commentary, gameplay improvements, menu interfaces, no in-game saves and the forcing of features (TW 12 caddy) pop-up ads, DLC and online features down our throats, I always feel like the games I'm playing are close to being great, yet wind up lacking in enough key areas that I grow bored after a month or two.
Great post in it's entirety, DJ. And this part of your post really stood out to me. About EA's games being close...but not completely there yet. By way of the things you mentioned.

And then having to expect issues [not an EA exclusive] can really add to the frustration.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:08 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I know this is an EA bitch fest but I'm loving NCAA 12. I do agree EA should address the community more though and let us know what's going on with issues such as freezing, while they are working on the patches. But man, some of you guys really take this stuff way too seriously.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

The fact that the community takes it more seriously than the people who get paid to take it seriously is one of the primary problems.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #79
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

+1 But you won't get an apology. It's been said before, but "they already have your money and don't care about anything else" This might be the last NCAA i get. There always seems to be a major bug that is discovered a week or two after the game is released. This year it's changing tendencies, last year it was progression. I'm getting really tired of all the little things, and getting a game that is not polished.

I was on the fence about madden, but for sure NOT GETTING IT NOW. I knew NCAA went wrong as soon as they introduced sliders. It's the developer saying, "we don't know what a real football game should play like, so you do it." It all seems to have gone downhill from there 3-4 years ago.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
+1 But you won't get an apology. It's been said before, but "they already have your money and don't care about anything else" This might be the last NCAA i get. There always seems to be a major bug that is discovered a week or two after the game is released. This year it's changing tendencies, last year it was progression. I'm getting really tired of all the little things, and getting a game that is not polished.

I was on the fence about madden, but for sure NOT GETTING IT NOW. I knew NCAA went wrong as soon as they introduced sliders. It's the developer saying, "we don't know what a real football game should play like, so you do it." It all seems to have gone downhill from there 3-4 years ago.
Different people work on Madden than NCAA Football. Madden was pretty good last year (pre patch) imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »