Home

EA basically created a game where the user doesn't have to be good at defense

This is a discussion on EA basically created a game where the user doesn't have to be good at defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA basically created a game where the user doesn't have to be good at defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I play MLB and i think its half the fun. I actually enjoy playing defense than offense.

Not sure why, but i think playing SS or FS is a lot easier than playing LB. At SS or FS you dont have as many responsibilities as a MLB. Usually the safeties just cover deep or man to man when blitzing.
I went away from using the SS for NCAA 08 to MLB for just that one season. Playing 8 min qtrs for just a 7 season span I averaged 111 tackles a season.

I wouldn't say that it was any more difficult then playing SS. I pretty much follow my responsibilities, but I call defenses that play to my personal strengths as a SS. Obviously I get less tackles but I make up the difference in the turnover category. In Madden I average about 80 tackles a year. (I am a nerd, I keep a record of all of my dynasty/franchise stats) lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
when i see someone controlling a safety i go right at them cuz i know they will most likely be a second too late reacting to the wr's cut.
That is exactly what I want. I am waiting for a team to try and challenge my SS. I am not saying that I will make every single play when playing Man and the ball comes my direction. But as the game goes on and I pick up an opponents tendencies it turns into pick city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
I live baiting people into a pick. Fun for the whole family.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Props to everyone who plays as a defensive back or MLB for that matter. Not so much OLB, those guys tend to blitz every play. IMO

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: EA basically created a game where the user doesn't have to be good at defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
Stick skill is the difference between good and great defensive players.

If you can't manually run down a deep ball and turn your corner around to pick it with online lag...or you can't an area manually then no matter how good your schemes are, you aren't great on defense, you're only merely good.
If a defense is good you can make it better if you are great on the stick but a good defense shouldn't simply be bad if the guy playing on defense isn't a stick jockey either...after all, if that were the case then the CPU defense would always be underperforming since no one human would be on the stick when it's on the field..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-27-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Not sure why, but i think playing SS or FS is a lot easier than playing LB. At SS or FS you dont have as many responsibilities as a MLB. Usually the safeties just cover deep or man to man when blitzing.
This. I play as the FS 95% of the time, and I have made it into a rover position. I pretty much roam the field when I am not in man coverage, I can run up to the line and give the look of blitz, I can play back and cover the deep ball, I particularly like to jump slant and crosses, that users love to throw. Not to mention coming into the box and cleaning up run plays. I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing as the FS.

When I do go to the 3-3-5 nickle and call man 2 deep, I will play as the MLB and just drop into the middle looking for any crossing routes that I can jump. I too enjoy playing defense and much and at times more than offense. Hell, I started my Coaching Carousel as the DC at Navy.

Some of my FS Highlights:

There is also a nice int of an out route but I didn't upload it yet.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-27-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Im playing MLB in my RTG. The cmaera makes it very difficult to cover. I wish the camera wouldnt spin so you would be running the opposite direction. The screen should rotate as you turn your player.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #21
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Yep, I said the same thing when I did a RTG as a QB/FS. Went with QB because I hated the camera swing, one second you are chasing the play the next you are running away from it.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #22
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This. I play as the FS 95% of the time, and I have made it into a rover position. I pretty much roam the field when I am not in man coverage, I can run up to the line and give the look of blitz, I can play back and cover the deep ball, I particularly like to jump slant and crosses, that users love to throw. Not to mention coming into the box and cleaning up run plays. I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing as the FS.
Thats how you play the safety position. Nice vids!

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 AM   #23
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Gotta love player-locking a position on D. There's a challenge for you. Especially the DB's.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #24
Rookie

PROTOHYPE's Arena

OVR: 0

Psychic DBs > me player-locking my CB

But I still do it. It's fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »