Home

Best & Worst

This is a discussion on Best & Worst within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best & Worst

I felt a thread like this would be fun, and interesting to see what people say.

Pretty much, you say the Best improvement or feature in NCAA 12 (It can be anything) and the worst feature or glitch in in NCAA 12.

I'll get the ball rolling....

The addition of the coaching carousel is very fun, and it makes me keep interested in one Dynasty. So far, I am in year 6!

The Worst part of NCAA 12 and what I hoped can be tweaked in a Patch, and completely overhauled in NCAA 13 is WR/CB interaction. Countless times do I see my Wide Receiver chicken out, and it results in an interception. Plus the whole, Corner-back knows your route. This can be fixed, and needs to be!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Best & Worst

Best: Lighting/overall graphics, no suction tackling.

Worst: Lingering gameplay issues that have persisted throughout this generation of NCAA's (jumping LB's, psychic DB's, sliding/warping, low pass trajectory, etc).
Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Best:

Running Game: Great new animations, smoothness, reduced clipping, no suction tackles, special moves that work. Never had so much fun running and cutting off my blocks to hit the holes.

Coaching Carousel: New twist to break boredom and keep you moving to different teams with a role playing purpose.

OD Web Interface
: Not new and still buggy, but really enjoy being able to build weekly stories with vids and pics.

New Visuals: Improved graphics, gear, dreads, pre-game intros, camera work. All great.

Worst:

Bugs/Lockups: Nuff said. They virtually make it impossible to use a Teambuilder team long term, custom rosters, or change conferences in OD without lockups. All features I very much enjoy.

Passing Game:
Seems so few throwing and catching animations this year. And while the WR/DB interaction at the LOS and in the bump and run are golden, interaction at the point of catch is horrid. CPU DB's too often make no play on the ball at all regardless of ratings. Needs serious work.

Removed Material: Why take out celebrations after scoring? High stepping? That stuff's fun just like the last gen 'Make a Sign' and Madden's 'Create A Fan'.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 07-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

They should have left the celebrations in and penalized you just like in real life... your choice to taunt and high step or to take the high road.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Best: Gang Tackling

Worst: If you are an OC (not sure about DC) in an offline dynasty, your record will show up 0-0 throughout the season. Been 4 years and I have to wait to be a head coach for it to count? Doesn't seem right, hope it's a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Sorry, guys...but this is basically an impressions thread... so I'm closing it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »