Home

Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious talk)

This is a discussion on Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious talk) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0
Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious talk)

OK so look I mean no disrespect to anyone for what I am about to say; but one of the biggest problems with online dynasty is the disconnects from the server mid-game. Users will both get the "your connect to your opponent has been lost" Exit game.

This has always been an issue. Not to mention those people that say "my game froze" and they have multiple restarts.

But instead of as a community talking about this and continuing to push for a fix for this (which I do have a solution perhaps) we push for dreads, and we push for that brand spanking new revo speed helmet that is the same as the rest except would you look at that the 3rd bar has this little bend on it that makes it look so amazing (which btw how often do you really see the helmets?)

So how could we fix such an issue? Why not have the OD be able to auto-save every few minutes that the COMMISH of the OD can make at the start of the dynasty. Say make it so it auto-saves at the start of every new possession. For user vs user and user vs cpu games.

"sorry commish my game froze" when they were losing or lost that star QB for the season would never be an issue.

Why is this so impossible to add or implement? I mean this way if there was a DC or something you and the other user can just bam load where you left off and no one would have to worry about those records they just broke being lost because the damn server is terrible.

So how about this year we push for something that would actual make this game better and make the online dynasties 10000x more fun and less stressful on users who are winning big and then because a server error lose out.

Now are you saying you are not with me well let's throw this scenario out:

There is 3:20 left in the 4th quarter (you are playing with 8 minute quarters) this is the National Title game. You make a crucial interception and streak down the field and now are going to be up 3 scores which pretty much wraps up this game for you because they only hold 2 timeouts. All of a sudden at the play call screen you two notice a slight lag and then the error

"Your connection to your opponent has been lost" Exit game

You guys then replay the game and you now get blown out by the opponent due to just bad plays happening (all the catches your players were making are now dropping it, the defense is picking everything you throw, the interceptions your defense last game made are now dropping them, and quite frankly there is nothing you can do)

Would you rather have that new facemask or would you like an auto-save feature so you guys could boot back up where you left off after that pick 6 with you securing the National Title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

Re: Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious t

morning bump
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious t

Do not bump your threads.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

deleted; key got stuck
Old 07-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Rookie

I honestly don't understand why people refuse to discuss this topic. Maybe there's a thread somewhere for it that I don't know about, but I see 15 threads a day with bitching about how silly dreads look, how super linebackers are soo annoyingz, and "Pass Game Not Fun Anymoar," yet a legitimate issue that literally ruins a feature of the game, a major feature, doesn't get a single hit.

Again, maybe I'm wrong and there's a dedicated thread for something like this, but after poking around, I don't see anyone addressing this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe it isn't an issue for the majority of players? I haven't had an issue in my OD like this. That would be the only reason I can see for people not talking about. They just don't see it.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I see it in my OD and we just replay games that freeze. Pain in the butt, but what can you do.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Something needs to be done with Online Dynasty disconnects (an idea and serious t

I for one think it is a great idea & a very feasible @ that for EA. They could even throw it into the "Commish Pack" .....I'd pay a few $$ for it. Maybe you should apply for a job @ EA Redskin.
We as an OD have always had our "core" group...but generally take on some new blood every year. & it can get to be a huge pain w/ restarts , whether it be EA server , intentional , game disc , weather etc.

GREAT IDEA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »