Home

OL need to hit the blocking sled

This is a discussion on OL need to hit the blocking sled within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
OL need to hit the blocking sled

My pulling o-lineman will pull and then wait for a defender instead of searching someone out to block...gets annoying running into the back of them.

Other times when I break past the line I'll see a OL or WR running downfield hunched over like they're still in blocking animation with no one around them instead of peeling back and looking to block someone chasing me from behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: OL need to hit the blocking sled

Also annoying is when that pulling guard or FB runs right past an obvious defender who is blitzing/filling the run gap... and then my HB gets crushed.

Traps and Powers always had issues in this game for some reason. They are slowly getting better with the combo and double team blocks.

Still... this game could really use a few trap and quick trap plays.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Pro

I wish we could punish players. In a game if a guy is screwing up we move him down a depth chart. But in real life the coach would talk to him and then maybe bench him if it doesn't work. Like if we gave up stupid penalties after the game you would make them practice and raise their attributes in an area cause that's what coaches do is they try to fix problems in a style of play. But it shouldn't be super effective for everyone, they should make it so it doesn't always work as well. The effectiveness should be based off the coaches prestige, their demeanor rating(should implement this), and the players age. Like seniors would have a consistent boost, or with freshmen it could lead to a huge boost(bigger than a seniors) or could lead to them trying to transfer. The "demeanor" rating could go to increasing the depth of the coaching carousel. Like how some fan bases react differently to different personalities. It should also affect what schools the recruits go to.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by KillerHog471; 07-27-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Misspellings
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
I wish we could punish players. In a game if a guy is screwing up we move him down a depth chart. But in real life the coach would talk to him and then maybe bench him if it doesn't work. Like if we gave up stupid penalties after the game you would make them practice and raise their attributes in an area cause that's what coaches do is they try to fix problems in a style of play. But it shouldn't be super effective for everyone, they should make it so it doesn't always work as well. The effectiveness should be based off the coaches prestige, their demeanor rating(should implement this), and the players age. Like seniors would have a consistent boost, or with freshmen it could lead to a huge boost(bigger than a seniors) or could lead to them trying to transfer. The "demeanor" rating could go to increasing the depth of the coaching carousel. Like how some fan bases react differently to different personalities. It should also affect what schools the recruits go to.

Just my two cents.
Love that idea. I had a miserable offensive game last night in my online dynasty, with only 104 yards, but won because my defense was incredible. I was joking to my opponent that my offense was going to be running steps while my defense was drinking margaritas with models on the field.

A discipline or demeanor rating would be pretty cool.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Love that idea. I had a miserable offensive game last night in my online dynasty, with only 104 yards, but won because my defense was incredible. I was joking to my opponent that my offense was going to be running steps while my defense was drinking margaritas with models on the field.

A discipline or demeanor rating would be pretty cool.
It would deepen the coaching carousel and dynasty i think. I remember last gen the players would commit infractions randomly. It was usually your best players but you could decide how long to bench them. As we know not all coaches tend to know when to sit players out just look at Mr. Sweater vest. I wish that the game was advanced enough to add an element that shapes college football and utilize it correctly. But if we put as much hypocrisy into the game as there is in college sports would it be fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »