Home

15 minute quarters.......

This is a discussion on 15 minute quarters....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 15 minute quarters.......

10 minutes is perfect for me. I get right smack in the range of normal amount of plays and yardage for a college football game.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
10 minutes is perfect for me. I get right smack in the range of normal amount of plays and yardage for a college football game.
I play 10 also
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

To the guys that play ten minute quarters do you let the play clock run down on each play? Also, how long does a typical ten minute quarter game take you play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
15 minutes quarter games are impossible until EA implements a smart accelerated clock.
No, they need to implement a much more intelligent AI. One that doesn't snap the ball at :28-:30 on the play clock every play. If the AI actually used the clock, tried to sustain drives instead of scoring in less than 2 minutes every time, then 15 minutes would be great.

I play 10 minute quarters and have played one entire season, plus a Conference Championship Game and a bowl game, plus two games in season two... and the closest the time of possession has been was 23-17 in my favor. Usually, it's 29-11 or 30-10.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyk
To the guys that play ten minute quarters do you let the play clock run down on each play? Also, how long does a typical ten minute quarter game take you play?
I snap the ball with about 15-20 on the play clock most times. Balanced timing. I get between 125-145 plays a game. I need to test 2 no huddle teams, but I'd imagine I'd fall under the ~160 cap that some Big 12 teams set. Now if you are going to cheese and play 4 verts a couple times a drive it's not going to help, but if you play a more realistic sim style of football (at least what is possible int his game), it'll come out well.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

8 minutes is my happy medium.

i even bumped my first OD game up to 9 minutes, and just that 1 minute change seemed like it took forever to me.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
No, they need to implement a much more intelligent AI. One that doesn't snap the ball at :28-:30 on the play clock every play. If the AI actually used the clock, tried to sustain drives instead of scoring in less than 2 minutes every time, then 15 minutes would be great.

I play 10 minute quarters and have played one entire season, plus a Conference Championship Game and a bowl game, plus two games in season two... and the closest the time of possession has been was 23-17 in my favor. Usually, it's 29-11 or 30-10.
I never even bothered to try and get TOP realistic. It's not like the computer is only running 40 plays to my 80, so as long as the rest of the stars align, I'll take it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

Exactly, preach on, that's 1 of the things that bother me about the game. In my NCAA gaming life, the CPU has never had a 5 minute drive, please EA listen, we need a smarter AI, my TOP are always 30-10 and around that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »