Home

Interesting little surprise I found in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Interesting little surprise I found in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Interesting little surprise I found in Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34
Sure it varies for everyone but I put in two good seasons with central michigans QB who is decent and no progression at all. Looked at ball state QB awful numbers and had progressed. Was a little baffled at that. If you put up good numbers your guy should progress a little that simple. And I wont even say players should digress, I'm sure that would get messed up something awful haha.
Maybe progression not only depends on what one does, but their current ratings. If you are rated decently, then you have to play exceptionally to improve. If you are rated like trash but are ok in the stats department, that's progression. Doubt they had the ingenuity to program it and it is probably completely random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yep, I actually benched my 91 Senior QB for a 78 Sophomore as crazy as it is to believe. He came back to win me TWO games in a row. He earned it and also progressed 2-3 points that season
Old 08-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
Yep, I actually benched my 91 Senior QB for a 78 Sophomore as crazy as it is to believe. He came back to win me TWO games in a row. He earned it and also progressed 2-3 points that season
I've done a similar thing two years in a row at Minnesota. (I started as an OC at Memphis, went to Hawai'i in year two, and got a shot at HC in Minn. in my third year.)

My starter my first year in Minn. was a RS Sr. and was an 84 or so. He carried me to a 7-5 record and a Texas Bowl win. His back-up was a RS So. who was a 74, but played enough that he was a 77 at the end of the year. However, he only gained one point in the offseason.

My incoming Fr. QB came in at a 72, had decent wheels and good arm strength. His accuracy was/is horrible, but my RS Jr. struggled to an 0-2 start. I replaced him with the true frosh and won seven of ten to close the year. (And another Texas Bowl win.)

I decided to start the RS Sr. in my current (3rd) season with Minn. but he again stunk it up. (Maybe it was my unconscious playing with me.) So, I went back to the now-So. to start the second half of game one, and am currently 7-0 with wins over Wisc. and #5 Nebraska.

The point is that despite the awesome play of my So. QB, he progressed 2 in-season points as a Fr., and has not gained any in-season as a So. Add to that a gain of two in his only offseason and he's at 76.

True So. with a 14-3 record, at least a 3/1 TD/Int ratio, approx. 50 rush yards/game and 200+ passing yards/game. Yet very little progression during or after season.

Odd.

Last edited by stcloudgopher; 08-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »