Home

Shutdown CBs DO exist!

This is a discussion on Shutdown CBs DO exist! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #25
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Shutdown CBs DO exist!

Well I think Pogo's point is that you first indicated that you hadn't edited at all, then admitted you did, but have been holding out all along like these CB skills occur naturally in the game - even though you produced them artificially.

FWIW, I couldn't care less about screencaps - especially since you're just going to be editing the ratings anyways.

The only really relevant issue I see here is whether shut-down CBs occur naturally in the game, and I'm not really sure this has been addressed in this thread. If you wanna mass edit all CBs to better reflect realistic playstyles a la Playmakers, then that's a different issue too. Personally, I wouldn't go tweaking true freshman like this.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Well I think Pogo's point is that you first indicated that you hadn't edited at all, then admitted you did, but have been holding out all along like these CB skills occur naturally in the game - even though you produced them artificially.
This was the first point I was making.

The second point, which I'm still making, is that I'm fairly positive he doesn't have screen caps.

I know I sure as heck don't sit around and take a picture of my TV for every single recruit in my recruiting class at the beginning of every season... and I doubt anyone else does either.

Point I'm making is... I know he absolutely didn't take screen caps. If he did, we'd already see them, because it takes 2 seconds to upload them.

He already admitted to his lie about the player coming IN as 99 MCV, and now he's made the claim to have taken a screen cap of this players stats when he came in as a rookie, which I'm extraordinarily confident is a lie.

I mean, what's the point of this thread?

A 99 MCV CB will lock down a WR? Okay, got it. Didn't need a thread for that.

Players can come in as rookies with 99 MCV? Nope. This has already been admitted as a lie. And once this was admitted as a lie... I mean, any chance I had in believing anything the OP had to say was pretty much gone.

It wouldn't honestly surprise me for a CB to come in with 95 MCV, and after a season probably, and definitely after two, I'd except this number to make it to 99, but the question really is, what's the point of lying about taking screen shots that you definitely didn't take?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464

FWIW, I couldn't care less about screencaps - especially since you're just going to be editing the ratings anyways.

The only really relevant issue I see here is whether shut-down CBs occur naturally in the game, and I'm not really sure this has been addressed in this thread. If you wanna mass edit all CBs to better reflect realistic playstyles a la Playmakers, then that's a different issue too. Personally, I wouldn't go tweaking true freshman like this.
I DIDN'T produce them artificially. I DID bump up his mcv 4 points, but before then, he was 95 man coverage as a freshman. The recruiting classes have MANY of the same players, so I VERY highly doubt I'm the only one who has seen these super CB freshman.

Also, what you guys are complaining about has NOTHING to do with this thread, I simply made this thread because it's the first time my CB has ever actually shutdown a #1 WR in any football video game.

Whatever though, I really don't give two ****s if you believe me or not, because who cares? When you see a true freshman come in with 95 man coverage, you'll feel like an idiot knowing I'm right.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

In five years of playing hundreds of games in NCAA football, and Madden football I can probably count on one hand how many times the CPU even tried utilizing there #1 receiver.

Your statement would be more impressive if you could somehow show how over multiple games the CPU attempted to target its #1 receiver and your DB shut him down.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

This thread
Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
I mean, what's the point of this thread?

A 99 MCV CB will lock down a WR? Okay, got it. Didn't need a thread for that.

Players can come in as rookies with 99 MCV? Nope. This has already been admitted as a lie. And once this was admitted as a lie... I mean, any chance I had in believing anything the OP had to say was pretty much gone.

It wouldn't honestly surprise me for a CB to come in with 95 MCV, and after a season probably, and definitely after two, I'd except this number to make it to 99, but the question really is, what's the point of lying about taking screen shots that you definitely didn't take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDR
When you see a true freshman come in with 95 man coverage, you'll feel like an idiot knowing I'm right.
Hrm.......
Old 08-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Hrm.......
Dude, it's really common, stop being ignorant. I shouldn't need screens to prove it's common, because there are 1-2 freshman CBs with 95 mcv every year. The recruiting classes repeat...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
I upped him up 4 points, he was at 95, I edited him to 99.

I can provide screens if needed, which is pretty ridiculous.
Quote:
Dude, it's really common, stop being ignorant. I shouldn't need screens to prove it's common, because there are 1-2 freshman CBs with 95 mcv every year. The recruiting classes repeat...
This is the whole point.

I'm not being ignorant. I SAID that I believe players come in at 95 MCV. I don't doubt that.

STOP.

Read that again.

I believe players come in at 95 MCV. I don't doubt it.

Now read it a 3rd time, so we get that clear...

The point is... why would you say you've got screen shots when you don't? Why would you feel the need to claim you can prove yourself with screenshots knowing that you can't possibly actually provide the screenshots because you never took them?

You started the thread out by lying about the fact that you had a FR come in with 99 MCV. The second lie was about the screen shots you didn't take.

Can you just make a post and be honest? Some of us are actually interested in gathering information that others have observed so we can perhaps try providing EA some feedback on what needs improving and what's working.

But when threads are completely destroyed by such obvious, pointless, blatant, repeated dishonesty, you're kind of just getting in the way.

Besides... as others have stated, the CPU (and HUM tend to do the same) don't really pass to WR#1 that much... because for whatever reason, the passing part of this game doesn't tend to allow the player in the #1 WR slot to get that open very often... so just about any CB can pretty well shut down that WR.

Let us know when you find a WR who can light up the fields in the #1 WR spot or a CB who can lock down the 3rd, 4th, or 5th WR in a 3, 4, or 5-wide set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »