Home

How do Recruiting "Points" actually work?

This is a discussion on How do Recruiting "Points" actually work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do Recruiting "Points" actually work?

I will have 1 less point than the top school and click on my guy and will see that I get a 2X for the recruit adviser. I hit on all my "A' grades and end up gaining like 900 pts.

I'm sure I got the guy, then come back to see I'm still -1 points behind the top team.

How do the points actually work? I'm sure they aren't literally tabulated because they are round numbers. It just doesn't make sense when you gain 600 pts for a recruit and then you still aren't on their top 10 list even though they are only down to 10 teams.

Is it just a ballpark figure, based on how many attempts you make? I have found that if I'm #1 on a guy's list, all I have to basically do is spend 10 minutes on him a week and nobody ever gains on me. Maybe this is because I'm recruiting 3 star guys without too much attention on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Hunsy34's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How do Recruiting "Points" actually work?

Once you have -1 either your behind or ahead its basically telling you they want to go to that #1 school the most and you wont jump them unless the team ahead of you stops recruiting, recruits someone of same position (just my opinion) so dont waste an hour on the guy thinking you will jump the team once it gets to -1 i use 10 minutes and see if I fell behind another team or something. Same goes for when your ahead -1 that team probably wont jump you, just stay committed to the recruit and he'll sign with you.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/9.../_online.html#
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Rookie

vstrong50's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to know what the actual programming code behind this says.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

You should have recruited against the #1 school when you had the 2x you can steal recruits when your are second or even 3rd if you have a visit coming up or 2x comes
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't think they even matter to tell you the truth. I've had the X2 and negative recruited the top school, taking away a lot of points on lesser pitches and I still wouldn't even overtake them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

This happens regardless of how far behind you are. For instance I've been ahead by like 200 points with a guy, put maybe 100 into him that week, and the following week I'm up 500 points.

So the game clearly gives some sort of hidden bonus based on some secret factor. It can't be just the recruit's top choice because I've had this happen after I've come up from like 10th. There seems to be momentum for the top team regardless of how far they're ahead.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

I am always happy with how recruiting turns out in the end, but really, like this post says, it really doesn't make any sense. I also think that, a lot of the time, the other teams recruiting are completely dependent on what you do as the player. The key example is when you go and add a guy to your board mid-season who you've ignored all season long and then suddenly there is all this fervor for this guy.

The case that I have is with a punter who had me at his #2... -1 points behind Lousville... but I really didn't have any need for a punter, so I ignored him. Finally after like 7 or 8 weeks, with no changes in his preference, I added him to my board and threw 20 minutes at him. The next week, Louisville's points shot up +80 and both of are are climbing on his board. I wanted to be like, okay, so... all season I ignore this guy, and so does Louisville and nothing changes on him, then suddenly I go after him and Louisville does at the same rate, same amount?

Honestly, I'm happy with how recuiting turns out, I think that it turns out great and well balanced... but the process really doesn't make much sense sometimes.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Rookie

c1ockwerk's Arena

OVR: 0

yeah i have yet to figure this out over the years. I recently resorted to letting the computer do my recruiting. seems to work so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »