Home

Recruiting

This is a discussion on Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting

Does anyone else find it a little frustrating that in dynasty mode there is always like 12 5 star wide receivers and maybe 1 5 star offensive lineman? Also the number 1 overall recruit is always either a WR ATH or a RB. This is so unrealistic and it should be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crqb4
Does anyone else find it a little frustrating that in dynasty mode there is always like 12 5 star wide receivers and maybe 1 5 star offensive lineman? Also the number 1 overall recruit is always either a WR ATH or a RB. This is so unrealistic and it should be fixed.
I disagree, I've done some testing and I created a 77 ovr lineman and he only showed up as a 3 star prospect...so you can find gems in the recruiting this year you just have to do a little more work. The SPARQ system just overrates the RB's and WR's..don't pay attention to stars too much this year just evaluate their talent.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there was a thread like this about 2 weeks ago. I mean, exactly this, even the WR to OL comparison.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
MVP

Shibito's Arena

I like the fact that smaller schools get a chance to land a big recruit every now and then. A lot of times the big schools ignore top WR's and HB's to fill more important positions, allowing you to secure your needs and then still pick up some young talent.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

I do agree that there's more quality receivers and running backs then any other position...and you're at a severe disadvantage if ur playing with a non-top echelon school...For example I'm using Colorado and it's tough to find 3* offensive lineman...but i can always scoop up backs and receivers like they're hotcakes....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Im just saying that it's completely unrealistic. Look at recruit rankings on scout or rivals from the last 10 years and compare them to this game. It's ridiculous. Ocassionally a lineman should be the top player or a quarterback should be the top player. Instead it is a ATH or a RB or WR every single year and theres 11 5 star recievers and maybe 1 five star OT.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

The system gives smaller schools a chance to land some stud recruits who might not have the best raw tools but lots of intangibles. Things like tackle, block shedding, etc. I've seen several 3 stars come in as 70-77 ovr.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Im just saying that it's completely unrealistic. Look at recruit rankings on scout or rivals from the last 10 years and compare them to this game. It's ridiculous. Ocassionally a lineman should be the top player or a quarterback should be the top player. Instead it is a ATH or a RB or WR every single year and theres 11 5 star recievers and maybe 1 five star OT.
You're probably right, I think you're overstating it's impact on recruiting. It's just an appearance kind of thing, it really hasn't changed as much as you think from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »