Home

Best Recruiting Class Ever

This is a discussion on Best Recruiting Class Ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Best Recruiting Class Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares?
I think Clemson may be paying recruits
I wouldn't go that far....Clemson does bring in top-25 classes annually so they CAN recruit
Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Idk about every1 else but i only go after recruits that are interested in me at first....Like i said, me playing with Colorado (a 2* school) i get sloppy seconds as far as recruits are concerned with 99.% of them being 3* or lower....If i have points left over thru half the season, then i go thru the 5* prospects and see which of them arent bein recruited at all and i go after them..but to no avail
I do the same as you. Even using Notre Dame, in the first season there's not a lot of 5 and 4 stars interested, and I applaud EA for this due to their recent seasons.

However check your pipeline states in weeks 2 and 3 and see if there's any 5 or 4 stars being ignored. I've been able to recruit prospects who didn't even have me on their top 10 list because they were being completely ignored.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Yeah, Heisman recruiting is a little more difficult, but it's still easy. As far as my best class, I think it's relative, because to me, my 18th ranked class with San Jose State was a much bigger coup than any of my #1 classes with Wisconsin. Ever try recruiting with D+ Program Tradition, D+ Conference Prestige, D+ Coach Prestige, D+ Coach Loyalty? God it sucked, but I think being in California helped me with a lot of sloppy seconds(and running a one dimensional offense). I picked up 4 4 star 15 3 star 2 2 star recruits.
now THAT's impressive....good thing about recruiting in Cali is that a lot of their lower-tier prospects are better then some overall prospects from let's say, idaho or montanna, etc.....But SJSU's recruiting pitches are horrible and their record reflects that IRL....even with all that said, i wouldn't say Heisman recruiting is *easy*...I go through these recruiting forums religiously and i try to intake everybody's advice but i'm still not a recruiting guru and im recruiting on All-American
Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
I do the same as you. Even using Notre Dame, in the first season there's not a lot of 5 and 4 stars interested, and I applaud EA for this due to their recent seasons.

However check your pipeline states in weeks 2 and 3 and see if there's any 5 or 4 stars being ignored. I've been able to recruit prospects who didn't even have me on their top 10 list because they were being completely ignored.
I usually check ignored 4* and 5* recruits about week 5 or 6 because i'm tied up with my own recruits in the early weeks...but even so when i attempt to recruit those top-tier recruits, they're not remotely interested in me at all even when they're not being recruited by any1 else
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #21
Rookie

bo4345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Yeah, Heisman recruiting is a little more difficult, but it's still easy. As far as my best class, I think it's relative, because to me, my 18th ranked class with San Jose State was a much bigger coup than any of my #1 classes with Wisconsin. Ever try recruiting with D+ Program Tradition, D+ Conference Prestige, D+ Coach Prestige, D+ Coach Loyalty? God it sucked, but I think being in California helped me with a lot of sloppy seconds(and running a one dimensional offense). I picked up 4 4 star 15 3 star 2 2 star recruits.
Have any tips for recruiting as SJSU? I've been doing a yearly dynasty with them since the since NCAA 10 and until I get 2-3 seasons into it and start winning games I get nothing but 1-2 star recruits, and maybe a couple three stars if i'm lucky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I had thirteen 5*'s and eleven 4*'s with Oregon one season. Anddddddd then I started a new dynasty for more of a challenge.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can someone post some tips on recruiting? I struggle to get good classes with Michigan on freshman >_>
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Do you guys look at the players rating grades or just recruit best overall?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »