Home

Incoming 2-3* Recruits Overalls

This is a discussion on Incoming 2-3* Recruits Overalls within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Incoming 2-3* Recruits Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by johhnywave
Same as everyone else. 60-range.

Have recruited a few 3 star WRs in the 70s.

Kickers, punters, and fullbacks don't count. Highly rated fullbacks (1 star) are in the 80s. 3 star kickers and punters are 70s-low 80s.

Just once would I like to come across a 4 star kicker/punter or 2 star FB.
I have a 2 star fullback in my season, so at least there is some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #26
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I have a 2 star fullback in my season, so at least there is some.
Out of curiosity, do you remember what he was rated as a freshman? Or is he still being recruited (current season)?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

To give you an idea...

My teambuilder offline dynasty was built on a first haul of 2 and 3* recruits. I just brought in a massive haul in my first year, like 28 total recruits.

From there, I just filled every position up with top talent and cut out the rest (no need for those low 50's and high 40's draggin the curve down).

In 2 seasons, every starter, down to 4th WR and 4 CB, had an OVR no lower than 78 and into the high 90's at the top end. I went from D+ across the board to A- across the board. I was really impressed that they have brought back the year-to-year increases like back in the day.

@TIMBOB, thanks for the strategy tip. Tips/strats that I have for recruiting is target prospects appropriately. If you're the Toledo Rockets, you really have no business even bothering with top level talent unless you are in their top 4, I might consider top 5 depending on the attributes. Pipeline, pipeline, pipeline...did I say pipeline? And yeah, make sure you are looking at attributes. Just cuz a guy has 4*'s (and sometimes even 5*'s) doesn't always = supa-star.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 08-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #28
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I haven't done a dynasty yet, but if 2 and 3-star recruits are rated anywhere from 60-75, the RTG ratings need to be revamped for QB's. I did a career and was a five-star QB and came in as a 67 overall. Then again, so much of that had to with the 46 throw power that my pocket passing quarterback had.
lol. thats wrong too really. a young guy would have plenty of throw power. accuracy would be the issue right??
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johhnywave
Out of curiosity, do you remember what he was rated as a freshman? Or is he still being recruited (current season)?
He is still being recruited, I will check out his ratings, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »