Home

If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

This is a discussion on If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

IMHO, I instead consider it "needing to play perfectly" rather than the CPU is going to win no matter what.
With all the fury and fuss about glitches, roster problems, progression problems (not enough, or too much), I still have not gone out to buy '12, so rather than starting new seasons I'm working in RTG.
Aside from an OC that would be fired if he was working for even Western Ky. (sorry Hilltopper fans), the few games I've lost with TCU as a two-time Heisman winner have been all about not being able to make a mistake. During first 3 seasons I've lost only 4 games, but ALL have been in either OT or on the last play of regulation. My point being, that one time I carried a draw play for 18 yards on 3rd and 19 (thanks Mr. OC), or missed that final juke move to only be tackled on the 2 yd line (as an aside, didn't know the AI/OC liked FG attempts -- missed -- on 3rd downs in the middle of a quarter. Yep, not making that one up as it counts as one of my losses) and have the team not score....I paid for it.
So my offering for the topic is: you simply can't miss out on your opportunities in those kind of games, and they come against ranked opponents or home teams with losing records.

(no 3rd Heisman for sure in Sr. yr. as OC has decided passing's the way to go this season. Through three games have a TOTAL of 19 carries and only 1 rushing TD, despite twice breaking school record for single-season rushing TDs. Hope RTG is improved in '12, otherwise, this will be my last go-round with that phase of the game.)
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #10
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
I disagree. There is no comeback code, there is no computer won't let me win. I think it's more that people get mad they can't beat the computer.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #11
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Lol at people trolling becouse they dont ever use the "protect ball" button.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #12
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

This is not trolling, this is an issue I have seen in threads for a while now that needs to be discussed.

I rarely fumble. I always use the protect ball button. But I agree with this thread. There have been games in the past where I should have in reality been in a great position to comfortably defeat my opponent. Based off stats. Based off player match-ups. Sure, it's football. But this game takes it a little too far sometimes with the 'Any Given Sunday' thing. My most recent one of these is a 41-34 loss as ASU vs Fresno State in coach mode. I have ranted enough about it already on my forums. Basically yes I believe that there is a small random chance in which the result of the game is predetermined before kick-off. I believe they put this into the game (probably only in dynasty) to make sure it is not too easy for you (and to ensure some upsets occasionally), no matter the sliders. They don't want you winning 60 14-0 seasons. It kind of makes sense, but goes along with the DB telepathy thing. Making the game cheat to be challenging isn't really cool. /my2c

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns

Last edited by Az2k12; 08-06-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 AM   #13
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I disagree. There is no comeback code, there is no computer won't let me win. I think it's more that people get mad they can't beat the computer.

really?? the op is 100 percent correct i play on heisman with custom sliders, no adjustments to the gameplan, and yet i will be up 21 then my running back all of a sudden fumbles three times, the 95 overall QB overs throws people 20 yards aways, its rediculous
Old 08-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #14
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
really?? the op is 100 percent correct i play on heisman with custom sliders, no adjustments to the gameplan, and yet i will be up 21 then my running back all of a sudden fumbles three times, the 95 overall QB overs throws people 20 yards aways, its rediculous
Is it ridiculous? Or is it that you start slacking off thinking the lead is safe and then the computer comes back? Why would EA make the computer beat you no matter what? Makes no sense.

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Why would EA make the computer beat you no matter what? Makes no sense.

Quoting myself: I believe they put this into the game (probably only in dynasty) to make sure it is not too easy for you (and to ensure some upsets occasionally), no matter the sliders. They don't want you winning 60 14-0 seasons. It kind of makes sense, but goes along with the DB telepathy thing. Making the game cheat to be challenging isn't really cool. /my2c

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #16
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Is it ridiculous? Or is it that you start slacking off thinking the lead is safe and then the computer comes back? Why would EA make the computer beat you no matter what? Makes no sense.

so you are saying that when i use trent richardson or lamichael james just doing a HB dive they should fumble no matter who tackles them?? and slacking off never happens i know how to keep a lead, and this happens almost every game i play on the road or at home mainly road games though, and i just take a knee for the entire second half now and just play defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »