Home

If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

This is a discussion on If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #17
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2k12
Quoting myself: I believe they put this into the game (probably only in dynasty) to make sure it is not too easy for you (and to ensure some upsets occasionally), no matter the sliders. They don't want you winning 60 14-0 seasons. It kind of makes sense, but goes along with the DB telepathy thing. Making the game cheat to be challenging isn't really cool. /my2c

it does only happen in dynasty though for me never play nows or online one vs one just dynastys
Old 08-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #18
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

There are some things (Rushing gameplan on conservative, running with the lead, etc.) you can control, but what can you do if the CPU gets the lead with a minute left and your QB decides he's going to overthrow the receivers by 10+ yards four plays in a row? There's no time left to run for yards, there's no gameplan you can set or button you can press to improve his accuracy, and it just feels wrong when it happens. You feel like the game is taken out of your hands and that the CPU is calling the shots.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:51 AM   #19
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

I disagree that this happens every game, it most definitely does not. Like I said, a slight random chance. But I'm pretty convinced that it exists. I wish there was a way that we could just know, or figure out. Unfortunately I don't believe there is, and until then, there will be no resolution to this haha. There will always be the people that blindly deny that such a thing could exist haha. That seems like it makes no sense, in my opinion. Seems ridiculous. You have the side that notices these things and brings them out into the open. Then you have the side that denounces them trolls and whiners ahaha. I for one could go 0-12 in a season and not complain. If that is what realistically is supposed to happen based on my poor decision making then so be it. But cheating to make a challenge turns me off more than anything. Disasta put it well, it just feels wrong.

(I feel like if I bolded more things around here people would actually notice what I have to say ha)

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-06-2011, 04:53 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

I understand if you're an oc you cant really do much to make the d play better to stop them from scoring.... But as the oc, you decide how many points you put up. Maybe stop getting conservative before they complain about your sportsmanship(they give a warning on the score bar that you're running it up. then switch to conservative. Thats one thought.

Also, if you're not changing the adjustments on gameplan, you're not coaching effectively. If you're versing a weak fcs team, everything should be aggressive except for holding it could stay at balanced. If you're versing alabama though, everything should be conservative, on both sides. And you change things as the game changes. Have it at balanced or aggressive and you fumble, knock it down to conservative or balanced then. Your wr are underrunning routes, make them balanced or aggressive, over running your qbs throw power, go conservative.

MAKE ADJUSTMENTS and deal with whatever you get. If you lose, they played smarter than your team. You didnt do your research and know what they cant defend, what they stop, what they run on offense. Thats your job as coach (and player of the team if you play the snaps yourself). But quit crying cause you got upset. It happens.

The games Ive lost, I lost them. I didnt adjust my playcalling or gameplan and they started to stop what I was doing successfully earlier. it was MY FAULT, not "the computer cheats to win sometimes".
Old 08-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #21
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

Thank you algoody for actually contributing.

Before psychic DB's and the videos I've seen illustrating this "cheating challenge", I would've been on your side. This is just another one of those things to me. One you can't prove with a youtube video.

Edit: Even if you could prove it some people still would outright deny it ahah

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #22
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Please people dont blow me off like I am a sore loser because im not. But do you ever get the feeling that the computer will win no matter what you do? Heres my story.

Baylor(Me) Vs. Iowa State

After overcoming great odds, 2 interceptions thrown by me and 3 fumbles by a impact running back, I was able to tie the game 31-31 going into overtime.

I win the coin toss elect to play defense. Iowa state doesnt get a single yard on offense and misses the FG.

Then I get the ball and decide to run it just so i can have a sure field goal. I gash them right up the middle and 2 yards shy of TD, my RB fumbles and Iowa State recovers!

2nd overtime. I have the ball first, and decide to scramble with robert griffin. There is nothing but open field for him he breaks a tackle and runs and 5 yards shy of the endzone he fumbles again and a DT runs the fumble back all the way for a touchdown!

I don't mind losing, but it seemed like for a team that is #9 in the nation with a few All Americans, you would assume all hell wouldn't break loose like it did during this game.

I was making huge huge plays and the computer would respond with a play where the QB would break 4 tackles in a row for a 1st down, or my All American, who leads the nation in interceptions drops 3 potential interceptions that he could of taken to the house.

Or If i make a huge run, its a penalty. This is not the only game ive been cheated out in, but it pisses me off because it ended my hopes for a national championship showing.
I totally agree, i see it happen all the time where all of a sudden my whole team forgets how to play football and my 92 ovr impact RB with 90+ CAR fumbles the the ball on 3 consecutive possessions.

I will say it keeps the game interesting for me cuz its fun to lose every once in a while.
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "
Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, at certain points in the game they CPU will start giving the other team more chances to win.
Like I was playing with Georgia Tech against Miami.
I came in expecting a hard game.
By half-time i was up 28-0.
They couldn't stop me running or do anything on my defense.
The whole second half they dominated me and ended up winning 35-31.
Even at the very start of the 3rd quarter i was chewing the clock, but not a lot of time comes off when they stop you on 3 straight downs.
Of course this could happen in real life but I was unstoppable in the first half. If I did a little worse i would understand but honestly i probably gained 40 yard after the first half.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #24
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

The day I effectively stop a "cheating challenge" game by chewing clock and grinding it out magically somehow, I will fumble on my QB kneel. That will finally be my proof

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »