Home

If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

This is a discussion on If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #65
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: If the game doesnt want you to win... YOU WONT!

Just had a game like this against BC in my FSU dynasty. Boston College hung 59 points on my defense. Their RB ran for over 300 yards and I'm not exagerating when I say he broke atleast 20 tackles. IT didnt matter what I did, I was going to lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #66
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track

I win the coin toss elect to play defense. Iowa state doesnt get a single yard on offense and misses the FG.

Then I get the ball and decide to run it just so i can have a sure field goal. I gash them right up the middle and 2 yards shy of TD, my RB fumbles and Iowa State recovers!
.... Was this your first play from scrimmage?

Cause if not... then you should have just kicked the FG.

Last edited by MagicMan1315; 08-07-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
The closest I have found to the game being hard coded to keep you from winning is in my last two victories where the game bugged out. I was beating VT 31-10 with Wake Forest when the game froze in the 4th Quarter. I was beating Notre Dame 21-13 in the final minute as well when another terrible bug happened. Notre Dame was making it's last drive to attempt to score a touchdown, and on 3rd and 10 for some reason the QB audibles to a run to the right. Upon making contact with my defender, the RB and the football disappears and this happens (I let this run for about 30 minutes):

ND had time for one or two more plays. It's a shame I didn't get to see the game out.

So no, there isn't any "rubber band" style stuff in this game. Not like Forza or Gran Tourismo or something. A bad team like Wake Forest can spring up to beat ranked teams like VT or ND. But maybe from a very cynical point of view if the game does not want you to win it will freeze you out or take away the ball so you can't win. Because the game seems to have no problem freezing or bugging out all those times I've lost

This happened to me once but it went in my favor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »