Home

Forcing a coach to retire.

This is a discussion on Forcing a coach to retire. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Forcing a coach to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2k12
Not true. 10char.
I hope not I just renewed my contract.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #10
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah I'm in like my 7th at Arkansas...3 years at Clemson before that and 3 years at Memphis before then. I'm still waiting on that Ole Miss job to open but Houston Nutt isn't retiring. haha. He is having good seasons...like 10 wins seasons every year so he keeps getting contract extensions. Kind of hoping he retires after his contract runs out this time.

Oh...and you can accept another job while under contract, if they offer you of course. You don't HAVE to stay at your current school till it runs out.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Wheeeeeew! What a relief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm pretty sure you can only leave after the 1st year, if you decide to stay the year and want to leave in the 2nd I don't think you can, I could not. And getting over 10 offers a season easy then none doesn't seem like it would be the case to me

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #13
Pro

khaled's Arena

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can only leave after the 1st year, if you decide to stay the year and want to leave in the 2nd I don't think you can, I could not. And getting over 10 offers a season easy then none doesn't seem like it would be the case to me
Happened to me. I was at Vandy and I'm A+, got lots of offers one year, from top programs, but the year after, I got none. (Including Texas which made me pissed and made me quit)

Old 08-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
Rookie

So is this flaw in the way coaching carousel works. I seriously doubt any coach in real life would be subjected to that rule.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

Well I mean it's still a contract isn't it? I guess I wouldn't really know.. but it does tell you first and reminds you that you cannot go anywhere else if you take that contract. But then it lets you after the 1st year haha no clue

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Well I mean it's still a contract isn't it? I guess I wouldn't really know.. but it does tell you first and reminds you that you cannot go anywhere else if you take that contract. But then it lets you after the 1st year haha no clue
I think it means...when it says you can't accept another job after signing the contract....that you can't accept a job in that "round" of coaching carousel. I don't think that message has anything to do with the future years in your contract. Because I've gotten some pretty good offers in say like year 2 of 3 of my contracts. Only thing that would hurt you if you broke the contract is your "Coaching Loyalty"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »