Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #49
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anybody else burned out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuckeyes
I spend maybe 3 or 4 hours a week playing this game. I don't spend hours at a time in practice mode or have to call money plays to win. You just have to make smart decisions, know when to get rid of the ball and know how to out-smart a defense. You don't have to call out people who are trying to give you tips on how to play the game. If you're losing and complaining about how you're getting manhandled by a certain defense, then change up your strategy and understand how football philosophy works because a lot of it translates pretty well to the game. You can't expect to go out there and manhandle a team just because they're 2 stars. There's upsets every week in college football and North Texas isn't just going to lay down for Alabama.

Man you guys live in fantasyland. This year's game absolutely KNOWS every play you're going to run even when you audible. The only "outsmarting" is when you setup a play action or a draw properly, and that's because its programmed to allow you to "outsmart" the CPU.

You "pros" act like it's not a legitimate issue that above Freshman level (where CPU DB's are completely braindead regardless of ratings and sliders), CPU DB's play FAR above their ratings, there are seldom open receivers to throw to, even at lowly varsity with all sliders maxed or minimized in your passing game's favor. It's not remotely realistic when a 70 CB blankets your 90 receiver all game long, it's not realistic when your completions are all into coverage because DB's think they're your receivers' jersey for 60 minutes. Coverage is TOO tight, it's unrealistic and unnecessarily frustrating.

You wanna do this on Heisman, no prob. But on Varsity???? C'mon. Play to ratings.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #50
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

Suction sacks are annoying. I haven't had any problem though passing or running. I've been crushed a few games and can't move the ball at all, but overall the gameplay has been fun. Defense is quite enjoyable this year too.

Overall I've already spent more time on this years version than the last three combined.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #51

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I admit to never playing above a high school level in football, but from what I remember of those tapes, there wasn't a whole lot of wide open receivers, ever in the game, it was more about precision passing than it was about receiver separation off of a cut.

I do agree that DBs seem a little overpowered(I hate the looming safety in the deep middle zone that finds his way to every pass), but my only real gripe is with the blocking, how the CPU can hold blocks for an hour, and if mine hold for more than 2 seconds i know a flag is being thrown for holding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #52

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
Suction sacks are annoying. I haven't had any problem though passing or running. I've been crushed a few games and can't move the ball at all, but overall the gameplay has been fun. Defense is quite enjoyable this year too.

Overall I've already spent more time on this years version than the last three combined.
Yeah, I also hate the feel of a button lag in the game this year, I'll press the receiver button, and the qb will take ten minutes to lineup, and he'll get sacked or hit during his throwing motion.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #53
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

Passing is fine for me anyways. I just have to be precise and time my throws. I've been super linebackered a handful of times out of 100+ games. The safeties make throwing deep a risk now rather than huge gain or in completion always.

As for audibles. In shotgun I always audible to run if <6 in the box, and never have they loaded the box after that, and 70% of the time I get a decent gain (4-6 yards) at least. I don't have much experience with being in an I-FORM and audibling to pass play, so I can't comment on that. Hot routes work wonderful too, see a Safety getting up close/or showing blitz over your Slot guy, send him deep or on an out -- money in the bank.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #54
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Yeah, I also hate the feel of a button lag in the game this year, I'll press the receiver button, and the qb will take ten minutes to lineup, and he'll get sacked or hit during his throwing motion.
When your tossing the football around, does the ball leave your hand right when you see your target? Or is that when your motion to throw starts?

Soccer is same way. (If you play that sport, I find the analogy is a better one) When you decide to shoot, you see your opening, and then you start to take the motions to aim and add power/finesse. You don't (Or shouldn't if you want to stay in the game) start your motion and then look to see where you are passing/shooting..

That is what I call the "Brett Favre" mentality. (which is fine if you want to throw 336 interceptions) I would not be surprised if that is also the way people pass in NCAA. Thinking they can sling the ball around and fit it into any receiver no matter how tight the coverage.

When instead, you should be playing the same way one would fight a war. Do not give your opponent a chance. Which means, don't even give them a chance to intercept by making throws you know will work. And if you have to take a sack then guess what, you still have the ball and have more downs.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #55

Suntan Superman's Arena

Oh no, I have no issue with having some lag between the button press and the response, it just seems a little ridiculous this year. I certainly don't expect to press B and have the ball leave my QBs hand, but it just seems like the reaction from pressing the button to gathering for the throw is much longer than last year. Same thing with the pitch during the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #56
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Not burned out but I agree that its a shame we have to try & fix EA's game right out the box year in and year out. Its pathetic! Fix one thing and break another, thats how it goes with these games. EA patches are dummy patches that dont address much of anything. Yet it does manage to ruin something that wasnt broken in the game.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »