Home

NCAA Football 11 vs 12

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 vs 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 11 vs 12

I've played this game every single day since I bought it on the release date. I don't even remember the last time I've done that with an NCAA Football game (probably NCAA 2005).

But even I won't try to deny that there are issues with this game that can drive certain people crazy. Like jhempel mentioned, the run blocking is downright laughable at times. Your pulling guard on a counter play will pull around the edge and just stop for no reason. On some dive plays, the Center will double the DT up the middle, then run forward without even trying to block anybody else. He'll just keep running forward until a defender just so happens to run into him. You can still have success in the running game (I get 100 yards consistently with my RB)... but it's annoying to see that stuff happen so much.

And then, of course, you have the edit players' names issue where it turns Balanced QBs (like Case Keenum) into Scramblers, and Scrambling QBs (like Denard Robinson) into Balanced.

That doesn't seem like that big of an issue until you play one of those QBs. For instance, if you play against Houston, Case Keenum will try to run 10-15 times. Hell, I saw a QB with 71 speed and 68 acceleration run 25 times in one game.

Hopefully the first patch will fix some of the annoying issues and then this game will be worth $60 without question.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

Passing game can be extremely frustrating at times, almost enough to ruin the game but not quite.

- Chuck Noll
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

jhempel's analysis is right on. I'd just add that as frustrating as 12's blocking can be, 11 had a lot of line problems too. Double-teaming blockers almost never got to the second level and D-lineman regularly synchro-swam past your O-line. For 12, a lot of the pass-blocking problems seem to be due to the lack of suction - DEs often just run around your linemen whereas they'd be suctioned into to a somewhat more "realistic" block in 11.

As for actually picking it up, I'd wait til after the patch just to make sure it's not a game breaker like a couple of 11's were (pump fake anybody?). Assuming it's still "good", I'd try to grab a copy off of Amazon or eBay. If you're not going to be playing online, don't worry about picking up a new copy.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I love NCAA 11 it's a very fun and addicting game for me....

NCAA 12 is a small step up from NCAA 11......but right now NCAA 12 has some issues that possibly will get fixed with the patch

Personally i'd waite for the patch because after playing the Madden 12 demo I feel as though we as fans of NCAA 12 got shafted in several ways.

I won't get into a long lengthy post but I'm upset that EA treated Madden 12 in terms of gameplay much better than NCAA 12....the AI difference between the two games isn't even close IMO.

I'm not a cosmetic fan don't care about dreads, shoes or helmets.....gameplay is most important for me. so having said that the 1st thing I notice is the field in Madden 12 simply blows NCAA 12 away.

I'm so mad at EA right now after playing the Madden Demo....sorry for the rant

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #13
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I love NCAA 11 it's a very fun and addicting game for me....

NCAA 12 is a small step up from NCAA 11......but right now NCAA 12 has some issues that possibly will get fixed with the patch

Personally i'd waite for the patch because after playing the Madden 12 demo I feel as though we as fans of NCAA 12 got shafted in several ways.

I won't get into a long lengthy post but I'm upset that EA treated Madden 12 in terms of gameplay much better than NCAA 12....the AI difference between the two games isn't even close IMO.

I'm not a cosmetic fan don't care about dreads, shoes or helmets.....gameplay is most important for me. so having said that the 1st thing I notice is the field in Madden 12 simply blows NCAA 12 away.

I'm so mad at EA right now after playing the Madden Demo....sorry for the rant
I don't buy Madden as I am a bigger fan of College Football, but Madden should blow NCAA out of the water. Compare the number of copies Madden sells to NCAA. So why wouldn't EA spend more time and resources on Madden?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I don't buy Madden as I am a bigger fan of College Football, but Madden should blow NCAA out of the water. Compare the number of copies Madden sells to NCAA. So why wouldn't EA spend more time and resources on Madden?
I don't have a problem with them spending more time and resources on Madden

I have a problem with the way they handle the AI in both games.....go fire up and throw deep as often as possible on the CPU and then tell me what you see out of Nick Collins for Green Bay.

Do the same thing in NCAA and tell my why safeties covering the deep part of the field regardless of ratings all play like Forrest Gump....why do sliders in one game work the way they should and in another game doesn't?

It's still football regardless of College or Pro.....the basic aspects of gameplay shouldn't be coded differently. It's not like a center in college is taught how to snap the ball any different from a center in the Pro's

EA makes both games so my beef is why is the AI doing things in the Madden 12 DEMO that make you want to break your disc after playing NCAA 12?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have had a blast with NCAA 12 despite the warts in the defensive AI secondary and the roster glitch. The roster glitch will be patched and I expect a tuner to come out to address the DB/FS/SS AI.

Despite the few imperfections the game is a step up from NCAA 11 (which was also a great game).

I am with Playmakers though. After playing the Madden demo I am scratching my head at why NCAA 12 had these warts. They are built on the same foundation.

Madden 12 is shaping up to be the best in the series.

But I would highly recommend NCAA 12 post patch 1.2 which should be out any week now.

And if your head deep in The Show (I am still playing that as well) then wait for a price drop. In December you can probably pick this game up for 40 bucks new. And by then most of the kinks will be worked out.

The game is a ton of fun.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

I have waited to buy '12 based on all the bugs I have been reading about. All the new features are tempting, as I'm an offline dynasty nut, but I have been having a blast with '11 now more than ever as I have diving in pretty deep with full rating edits. Pretty time consuming, but after seeing some beautifull things done cpu v. cpu it feels worth it. Scat backs juking, power backs plowing, option linemen sealing off a safety 10+ yards downfield, and small DBs taking out knees. Loving '11 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »