Home

Squaring up is Fundamental in this game!

This is a discussion on Squaring up is Fundamental in this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Squaring up is Fundamental in this game!

I have found in this years version of NCAA it is imperative that you square up when you are engaged or are about to make contact. Both on offense and defense! I noticed it in years past but occasionally forget the fundamentals from year to year. If you are falling down when rushing the passer it is probably because you aren't moving in the right direction. When you are engaged you should make sure you aren't running at an angle in reference to the field. Sounds weird at first but it helps a ton! If you are the DE you may start your rush at an angle but when you become engaged with the Tackle make sure you square up and move directly down or toward the end zone u are facing! Do not initiate a rush move when running at an angle or u will be eating dirt! You can then angle to the QB when you have beaten the Tackle. If you are having trouble trucking it may be the same situation I'm running over the computer but I make sure that I am not trying to truck at an angle. I square up first! It helped me run back 2 punts as well. Again you can move towards the sidelines and run at angles of course but if you wanna truck make sure you adjust and run "straight" 1st. I hope I'm making sense and I hope this helps. I'm having a great time with this game but it can be frustrating so just trying to pass on some info!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Squaring up is Fundamental in this game!

Good tip, I bet this will help several folks.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

well squaring up is also fundamental in real life. nice found though.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I think he is just trying to say that in previous versions the tackling was nearly automatic and positioning didn't matter as much as it did this year. Obviously it's a real life fundamental.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, I agree with the OP. I have really seen this when I control the DE. I also think this is why so many of us have so much success when we control the DT (or the CPU controls the DT), because that is a squared-up north/south rush. This year's OT's really take advantage of you if you start to lean... which is actual physics, no? I've also just started to figure out the trucking and the last two games (playing with Illinois), I've had some great runs where I've felt like I've pushed back at the point of impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bolts boy. If it's so obvious then why do I see so many people complaining about the trucking and pass rush. If you already understand then this post wasn't meant for you! And for those who never played it may not be so obvious...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »