Home

Stolen Heisman!?...

This is a discussion on Stolen Heisman!?... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #17
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Stolen Heisman!?...

I think it's because the game heavily weights the last week of play (Conference Championships). I had a RTG QB (Heisman winner as true Soph) that destroyed all season long - national player of the week every week except byes & he had about 10 more total TDs than the next closest player. But lost out Junior and Senior years because some other player put up 7 touchdowns in their conference championship (and that's with my guy winning and putting up like 4 touchdowns of his own).

In some respects, it's a lot like real life in that it's frequently a BS and arbitrary award.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
Rookie

Renegade18's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Part of it is that it is attempting to simulate people's opinions, the Heisman winner isn't always the statistical dominant player. Colt Brennan never won a heisman, Case Keenum won't win one.
This is partially true, I believe the only times that the Heisman is not based off of statistics is if everyone is really close statistically or there is a mix of players from power and lesser conferences. In which case of course Colt would not win the Heisman, regardless of what people think, I think everyone can agree that Colt wouldn't have thrown for that much in the SEC, so can you can possibly outright vote him over others. Not say he shouldn't get consideration but you should also be weighing everyone equally. If not that's like punishing a player for playing in a clearly tougher league. Other than that, statistics make the football world go around, why do you think you never see a Heisman winner on the defensive side of the ball, or people never give anyone special teams recognition unless you are a returner. Statistics are a big part of many decisions, which is why Colt being from the WAC was even in the discussion in the first place.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #19
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I remember mentioning this in regards to last year's game, but I still think if you do something completely unrealistic, like running for 3000 yards, the game doesn't reward you with the Heisman.

I think the game gives it to the guy who had the best realistic season.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
MVP

How in the world does someone run foe 3000 yatds rtg 5min qts
Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #21
Rookie

Renegade18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I remember mentioning this in regards to last year's game, but I still think if you do something completely unrealistic, like running for 3000 yards, the game doesn't reward you with the Heisman.

I think the game gives it to the guy who had the best realistic season.
I think that would be really weird then because the Heisman would be a foregone conclusion every year, it wouldn't even make sense to even check out the standing unless you are normally a stat stuffing player. Essentially the winnner would be predetermined. Next, how would the game gauge realism, after the first four years of a dynasty, there is really no way of knowing a players standard rate of player just because there are no actual players left, so then what would it be based off of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #22
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

THe huge stat guys, your player will be dismissed as a "system QB" is now, a la any Texas Tech QB. None of them has sniffed a Heisman at all, despite huge stats and being in a BCS conference.

It seems nearly random and is BS sometimes...just like reality.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #23
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
THe huge stat guys, your player will be dismissed as a "system QB" is now, a la any Texas Tech QB. None of them has sniffed a Heisman at all, despite huge stats and being in a BCS conference.

It seems nearly random and is BS sometimes...just like reality.
I agree with the gator. ugh lol
Old 08-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

I doubt the game choose the winner based on this as they no longer choose the actual Heisman based on its original requirments, but the Heisman is supposed to go to the player the most important to his team. Nowadays its basically a more glorified and more publicized version of the Maxwell Trophy.

Gerhardt should have won it in '09 because without him Stanford doesn't have the season they did let alone make a bowl, while Ingram only carried his team in one game (USC-e). Trent Richardson's performance in the games Ingram sat out to begin last year prove that Ingram wasn't the biggest reason for Bama's success the prior year.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »