Home

An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

This is a discussion on An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

Hope yall dont mind me bumping this, as beta testers, we need to make sure this is fixed before the game goes gold... oh, wait, oh yeah, thats right....akward
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
You are way off base on this one.

For starters, last year the majority of league members made it to season 10 and we started roughly a week after release. OD worked last year without having to wait for a patch, same with 10. People can still play the game with the roster glitch and most other bugs/glitches, but when a core mode is so messed up, thats unacceptable.

Let me run down everything I have experienced in the OD.

1)Multiple freezes-only 2 freezes offline
2)As commish-having it freeze during step 5 of the uploading dyansty for the duration of the offseason advances.

3)Again as commish getting the transfer failed during step 5 of the uploading dyansty when advancing weeks.

4)Transfer failed after playing games and causing the game to be simmed even though the score initially shows up.

But based on what you said, I should just accept that and be prepared to wait for a patch. I dont think so scooter. I have been playing this since the Bill Walsh 93 days on Genesis and this is the first year where I have been so outraged by what they put in the box. EA simply has no legitimate excuse for a game to ship with this many bugs. But you are right in one aspect, next year I will wait for both patches before I purchase and it will be a used purchase.
I am not off base, you are right to agree with me, next year wait for the patches to purchase. Thank you..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-18-2011, 04:06 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

why should we have to wait for a patch to purchase a game that is supposed to be completed? That doesnt make sense.

i purchased the game thinking that it was tested and works.....

i know previous versions had problems, but none like this!! ODs are on the brink of not being playable.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am not off base, you are right to agree with me, next year wait for the patches to purchase. Thank you..
I suppose I'll get banned for being abusive to another member, but *redacted*. I counted to ten. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Misanthrope; 08-18-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: decided not to stoop to someone's level
Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #69
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Question, those of you w/ freezing, do you or your opponent have your custom playbook set in your coach profile?

I run in two OD's and use a custom playbook in both. I don't set the custom playbook in the profile, I just change it in team selection screen. I've NEVER (knock on wood) had a freeze in an online game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #70
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
As I said, if you have played EA's games in the past you know they usually need a solid patch after they come out for game modes such as online dynasty. I agree it'd be nice if it was not needed but to just plunge into Online Dynasty when the game comes right out, when everyone here in the forums is finding bug after bug, is taking a chance.

As some have said in this thread, they have been in OD's without any issue, so you might get lucky in that respect. But the smart thing to do before plunging into a game mode such as OD which requires a lot of people to become involved, is wait and play test the game for a while and see if you think you'd be wasting your time doing so.

This is true of any sports game, not just EA. There have been plenty of past sports games with issues such as this.

I know people are trashing me for saying this, and make no mistake, I'm not defending EA, I'm tired of this as well, but I'm also not going to go ahead and head right into a Madden dynasty a few days after it drops either because chances are it could have the same issues.

My advice to everyone for sports games modes like OD would be to simply play some games vs. friends online in scrimmages, enjoy some offline game modes, etc...and hold off a bit before you go getting a bunch of folks together for an online dynasty and get burnt by issue(s).

Or do like me, I ran (am running) a couple of test dynastys with some folks working on sliders and seeing what works, what doesn't, while we wait for the patch. Patience is tough but necessary in this area IMO.
With Madden approaching I am tempted to get it on release day. But I will print this post and read it everytime I feel the need to purchase M12 within 3 weeks of release. Im tired of EA's way of doing things, conversly im tired of complaining (although everyone has the right to & should) so Im taking responsibilty and refraining from buying release day games from EA.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #71
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
With Madden approaching I am tempted to get it on release day. But I will print this post and read it everytime I feel the need to purchase M12 within 3 weeks of release. Im tired of EA's way of doing things, conversly im tired of complaining (although everyone has the right to & should) so Im taking responsibilty and refraining from buying release day games from EA.

I have come over the years to find it EASY to wait 6 weeks on Madden to allow time for patches, I just milk NCAA longer.

Why double my frustrations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #72
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Not to insult you I respect your opinion but by your logic EA should wait till the game is fully patched to receive our full 60 dollars then rather than us paying 60 and waiting on something that they may or may not get around fixing. I can understand sweeping a bug like the roster thing under the rug but not one that makes a advertised mode of the game which worked fine in the previous edition unplayable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »