Home

Will dynamic updates EVER find their way into NCAA?

This is a discussion on Will dynamic updates EVER find their way into NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Will dynamic updates EVER find their way into NCAA?

Some probably read this already, but this is a recent post from the guys working on NBA 2K12:

Quote:
Most Accurate NBA 2K Game Ever - Building off NBA Today's real-time stats, rosters, schedules and ratings, NBA 2K12 now delivers the most visually accurate NBA game as well. From shoes to player models and even court floors - every graphic detail of the game can now be dynamically updated. Broadcast style gets a boost as well with player interstitials promoting their upcoming games and dynamic pre-game highlight reels set to 2K Beats music.
Read that a few times... If 2K can now do these type of updates, is there any reason at all we shouldn't expect the same in our EA games? (Primarily relating to NCAA Football and uniform updates). Heck, they can even adjust player models now!?

It just seems ridiculous to me that this kind of feature finds its way into other sports games, yet when its brought up for NCAA its pretty much ignored or you get the impression "its just too hard" for them to implement. Well, its obvious its now possible and needs to be included.

Last edited by sportzbro; 08-16-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Will dynamic updates EVER find their way into NCAA?

I agree with you in terms of stadium and uniform updates, but EA cannot do anything along the lines of ratings, player models, or even equipment updates because EA has to walk the fine line of player likeness.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
I would have to think the functionality is there now. Its the most web interactive game ive played, im certain they can do what they want.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Not going to happen due to player likeness issue. Far as equipment, uniforms, stadiums........not going to happen either. That stuff has to be approved months in advance by the NCAA licensing board of directors.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
I agree with you in terms of stadium and uniform updates, but EA cannot do anything along the lines of ratings, player models, or even equipment updates because EA has to walk the fine line of player likeness.
This part is key, the NCAA was just sued by former players claiming they were making a profit off of their player likeness in video games. Although it would be a great feature, until players are paid....which isn't completely out of the question in the future....then EA can only go so far with creating real life simulation. Or at least that's I have interpreted the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »