Home

The wind has me baffled, which way to defend?

This is a discussion on The wind has me baffled, which way to defend? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

OVR: 0
The wind has me baffled, which way to defend?

I seriously can not for the life of me figure out which way to defend when there is wind. When the wind will be pointing right, I'll pick the same way each time and when I go to kick, it will be different each time.

Also, I always second guess myself, but I swear the wind direction changes between quarters also changes from game to game. Sometimes you will have it at your back in the 1st and 3rd quarters, then the next time you'll have it at your back on the 2nd and 3rd. I feel dumb that I can't figure it out, but I really just think it's random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The wind has me baffled, which way to defend?

If you pick defend the end OPPOSITE of the way the wind is going, the other team will be going against the wind.

And the wind does change, well, not really, but at the end of the quarter, you flip ends and you'd be going into the wind if you weren't the first quarter.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
MVP

the wind goes like if you loss or win the toss make sure you pick to kick into the wind so in 2 & 4 qt you have the wind at your back to help with long field goals and make your opp kick into the wind come 4 qtr
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

I try to get the wind at my back for the 2nd and 4th quarters, but I feel like, even if I pick to kick into the wind in 2 different games, I will have the wind at my back in the 2nd and 4th quarter for one game, then in the 2nd and 3rd in the other game. I just don't get it.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

The arrow that indicates wind direction at the coin toss coincidentally points at the end zone you should choose to defend. That is, assuming you want the wind in your favor in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecktum
The arrow that indicates wind direction at the coin toss coincidentally points at the end zone you should choose to defend. That is, assuming you want the wind in your favor in the 2nd and 4th quarters.
thats a good way to put it haha. thanks as i was confused too
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
Rookie

If you want the wind in the 2nd and 4th quarters, you should have the wind direction arrow pointed at the selected side (the one glowing yellow).

This makes you defend (have your back to) the goal that's going into the wind when you select, meaning you're choosing to go into the wind at kickoff. Since sides change each quarter, you'll be with the wind in the 2nd, against it again in the 3rd, and with it again in the 4th.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #8
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I think there might be a switch sides bug in NCAA 12. Sometimes the teams don't switch sides at the start of the 3rd quarter.

As an example, I just played a game where the wind blew north at 7 mph (relative to my kicking game) in the 1st quarter and then south at 7 mph in the 2nd after the teams switch sides.

But in the 3rd quarter the wind was still blowing south at 7 mph. And then at the start of the 4th we switched sides and the wind was blowing north at 7 mph again.

Whenever the wind is strong enough to affect the kicking game I pay attention to look for this bug. I bet it happens 75% of the time.

Has anyone else seen this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »