Home

Tight End?

This is a discussion on Tight End? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0
Tight End?

Anyone else have the problem where your TE leads your team in every receiving category? Through 4 Games in my UofM Dynasty Koger is always open and catchesEVERYTHING. He has 474 yards and 6 TD's through 4 games, Gardner has thrown for 900+ Yards, and 9 TD's so Koger is half of the passing offense.

It feels wrong to me but when he is the only one getting open no matter the route he runs what else am I supposed to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tight End?

Hit the open man. Just keep chucking it to him.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

The CBs in this game are all (over)rated extremely high in certain categories in this game, causing nearly constant lockdown of your outside recievers. If you look, your slot receivers probably have some nice yardage too.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't see a problem if the TE is open, but i actively run routes plays to get my outside receivers the ball.

I will say this. The original rosters are way higher rated than the incoming recruits in regards to coverage and speed ratings and all that. 5 years in you don't have CB's all elite in coverage unless you're like alabama or Texas and actively recruit 5* DB's. So as you progress in dynasty, the game slightly changes somewhat. Well for me that is but YMMV
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

For me it's my slot receiver. I just tend to take what the defense gives me.

Then again, my starting Wideouts are usually the ones that make the big play when need be. But for short yardage and moving the chains, TE and Slot are definitely where it's at for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

ditto, TE and slot WR are my money guys, the outside guys have to run a slant or cross to really any action (and streaks sometimes depending on the coverage)
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I do like an above poster said and call a wide range of plays with varying primary targets. I try to weight those plays heavily to my actual #1 and #2 WR, so long as they're the most talented threats on the team. I typically don't come off that read unless the #1 guy in the progression is absolutely smothered. Right now in my dynasty my top 4 guys in catches and yards are the flanker, the split end, the slot guy, then the tight end. To me it's more fun to create that balance.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't know this game nearly as well as some of the other guys on this board, but I believe that fly routes by slot receivers or TE's are overly successful.....and it has been this way for a few years.

It is kind of frustrating as it feels kind of lame using this pattern and slants. But at the same time I am afraid to run out patterns or stop routes. Not much left after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »