Home

jamming the recievers

This is a discussion on jamming the recievers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2
jamming the recievers

both of my starting CBs are 90+ rating and a press rating of 90+ also. so if someone can tell me why atleast 50% of the time when i jam the computer receivers, they run right by my secondary. and the receivers have a rating in the 70's and 80's .....its crazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: jamming the recievers

Jamming is horrible this year more than the 1/2 the time the corner gets toasted no matter how good he is. If your gonna do it you better have safety help
Old 08-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

how is that, when they jam my receivers with horrible dbs, they stick my recievers at the line of scrimmage
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Happens to me also. One of the reasons I don't play offline vs the cpu anymore. Honestly, it feels like the ratings actually mean something when playing vs another user. The game just defy the ratings to make the cpu more difficult. The CB's getting beat is only one case, I can name several more...
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's your difficulty setting.

When you increase the difficulty, all it does is make computer players' ratings skyrocket and your players' ratings tank. If you're looking at your 90+ press corner and wondering why he can't ever jam a receiver and always gets instantly smoked when he tries, it's because his rating is deflated in the game to make it harder. It's also why your guys watch the ball go right by them, never break blocks instantly (like the CPU always does), and drop every other pass in traffic. It's most noticeable with the awareness stat, but it effects others too. You can even notice it with speed sometimes, when your 95 speed guy gets caught from behind by a 91 speed CPU.

Playing online or offline against another player negates this drastic deflation/inflation of stats because neither team has CPU AI adjustments, they're both User AI sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Aside from the bonuses the AI gets on high difficulties it may also be the strength rating of your DBs compared to the WRs.
A corner with a strength of 58 will not be able to press strong WRs even if their press rating is 99.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

It's mainly the WRs release rating.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Aside from the bonuses the AI gets on high difficulties it may also be the strength rating of your DBs compared to the WRs.
A corner with a strength of 58 will not be able to press strong WRs even if their press rating is 99.
Strength huh! I always thought if the corner had a good press rating, more more likely he will jam the receiver and the better the release rating for the receiver, the less likely he will be jammed. but my Corners have went up against receiver who have a 79 release rating but my corners have a 95 press rating and they still get blown by 1/2 of the time. im scared to press

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »