Home

Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

This is a discussion on Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
I'm sure your heavily invested in hating the game. But you are just wrong. Decrease coverage ability, and the DB PRC doesn't have such an impace and LBs don't swat everything.

Not being so obvious will keep the defense honest. I know people claim that the defense cheats, but not anymore than a human that knows full well that you are going to run or pass, and what you are doing when you audible.
Im going to have to agree with this completely.

Im on vacatoon this week and have had about 90% more playing time than a normal week.

Been playing game after game after game, testing some sliders that I like and work for ME.

The more i go out and mindlessly choose plays and button mash the more the D eats my lunch as the game progresses forward.

Seems more so this year the game keeps you thinking, and once repitition sets in you are done.

Ive been playing so much this week, having a blast, i dont even care if theres a patch now.

So many haters and cry babies, not even funny any more. Its like its the cool thing to do here.

People, get a life and enjoy your Video Game. Closest thing to football most of us will ever see for Christ sake.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
i wouldn't ask anyone to blindly praise or even complement a game that they didn't think was deserving. my point was that this was a thread with positive intentions, to help people enjoy the game, and i didn't think that your post on "what sliders won't fix" fit this topic

i admit that this wasn't my most productive post ever, i'm just an older guy who wants these forums to be as civil, organized and great as they once were

you say no offense taken, but your last comments there are very sarcastic and defensive again, i apologize to have "caught" you in my "clean-up agenda" but what i'm saying is totally in reference to a common attitude i see here and not you as an individual, what you bite and how you bend, etc.

i could have picked almost any negative post and this thread seemed to be a very logical place for me to point this out
I wasn't trying to derail this thread or impede on anyone's enjoyment of their favorite slider set. I know OS gets certain privileges for keeping a pro-developer tone on these boards, and this thread reeks of PR bias. I get that they want people to forget the issues, especially with Madden approacing, but to say that sliders will change the game so much that it'll be "fully enjoyable" is ludicrous, especially when some of the sliders don't function properly (inverted, not sensitive enough, etc.). And to add to that, different game modes play differently. Sliders that work well for Practice mode, won't work the same in Play Now or Dynasty.

The game has bugs and issues in every area, including sliders, so please excuse my lack of optimism and praise.

Even though we disagree Zeke, I appreciate the discussion.

Last edited by MaddenFranchise10; 08-19-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Im going to have to agree with this completely.

Im on vacatoon this week and have had about 90% more playing time than a normal week.

Been playing game after game after game, testing some sliders that I like and work for ME.

The more i go out and mindlessly choose plays and button mash the more the D eats my lunch as the game progresses forward.

Seems more so this year the game keeps you thinking, and once repitition sets in you are done.

Ive been playing so much this week, having a blast, i dont even care if theres a patch now.

So many haters and cry babies, not even funny any more. Its like its the cool thing to do here.

People, get a life and enjoy your Video Game. Closest thing to football most of us will ever see for Christ sake.
you definitely have to use play action correctly, use the passing game to open up the run, etc.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.
Actually, EA already made its money from his purchase, so I don't think they care or are affected in any way when people trade-in their games. Some at EA might even be chuckling about it.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #29
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
you definitely have to use play action correctly, use the passing game to open up the run, etc.
Thats actually part of my learning curve. A lot of years PA was ineffective ive gotten away from it, and now trying to rework it onto my offense.

I love running the ball, but keep at it, seems like you lose the ability to establish any ground game.

I call it good programming.

Pretty certain some refer to it as a glitch.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-19-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've had limited success setting up plays. Even the "setup" plays tend to have the same success rate as a normal play.

I've even done experiments to test whether the defense reacts to my play calling. I've played a game where I ran the ball literally every play until the 4th quarter. The defense would use various run blitz packages, often bringing the safeties in and crowding the LoS. Then in the 4th quarter, I randomly ran a deep pass from the same run formation and the defense came out in a Nickel. It's pretty apparent that the defensive play calling AI is entirely based on your play call, not any sort of football strategy (tendency, personnel, down & distance).

The fact that audibles force the defense to readjust to your audible makes audibles not really audibles. Since the defense changes to whatever formation they would've chosen had you picked that play in the first place, audibles are basically just selecting a different play, as though you did it at the playcalling screen. You can't take advantage of a defensive read, since the defense will adjust once you alter the play.

Anyway, this is straying from the thread topic, so I'll end it. The point I was trying to make is that none of the most glaring gameplay issues can be resolved by simply tuning the sliders.

Last edited by MaddenFranchise10; 08-19-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
I've had limited success setting up plays. Even the "setup" plays tend to have the same success rate as a normal play.

I've even done experiments to test whether the defense reacts to my play calling. I've played a game where I ran the ball literally every play until the 4th quarter. The defense would use various run blitz packages, often bringing the safeties in and crowding the LoS. Then in the 4th quarter, I randomly ran a deep pass from the same run formation and the defense came out in a Nickel. It's pretty apparent that the defensive play calling AI is entirely based on your play call, not any sort of football strategy (tendency, personnel, down & distance).

The fact that audibles force the defense to readjust to your audible makes audibles not really audibles. Since the defense changes to whatever formation they would've chosen had you picked that play in the first place, audibles are basically just selecting a different play, as though you did it at the playcalling screen. You can't take advantage of a defensive read, since the defense will adjust once you alter the play.
What difficulty do you play on? I play on AA and make pre-snap reads on nearly every play as a part of my offense. I can't attest to the CPU's calls or packages in different situations because i don't pay that much attention, but i'm sure Heisman probably doesn't allow you to do this because, well, Heisman cheats, i don't think anyone will argue that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #32
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
- Sliders can't eliminate psychic DB's while keeping passing challenging.
Dropping CBs agility helps quite a bit.

Quote:
- Sliders can't eliminate super LB's that can shift momentum instantaneously.
Dropping LBs agility helps quite a bit.

Quote:
- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.
Call audibles. If you are geared to running the the play you called, and only the play you called, you will never be successful in any type of football game; video game or real life.

Quote:
- Sliders don't affect how WR never make plays for the ball.
User catch my friend. User catch...

Quote:
- Sliders have no effect on how pass interference never gets called.
They don't call pass interference because there is no pass interference.

Quote:
- Sliders don't affect the horrendous AI play calling logic.
I thought you said the CPU defense always knew what you were calling?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »