Home

Powerhouse Programs?

This is a discussion on Powerhouse Programs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

OVR: 0
Powerhouse Programs?

When I read through these forums, I see a lot of you discussing your dynasties. One thing I can never understand is why people go with a powerhouse program right off the bat. One thing I have noticed throughout the years is that during dynasties, I usually really enjoy the game for the first 4-5 years while I'm at a smaller school, until I decide to move onto a larger program. Once I do that the game becomes so simple; I land 4-5 star recruits almost by accident, defense is unstoppable, kicker boots 55+ yd FG's consistently, etc.

Now, I'm not hating on the people that do decide to go with a team like USC or Florida, but I just don't see where the fun, or challenge lies. Maybe one of you could explain it to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Powerhouse Programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetintoucan
When I read through these forums, I see a lot of you discussing your dynasties. One thing I can never understand is why people go with a powerhouse program right off the bat. One thing I have noticed throughout the years is that during dynasties, I usually really enjoy the game for the first 4-5 years while I'm at a smaller school, until I decide to move onto a larger program. Once I do that the game becomes so simple; I land 4-5 star recruits almost by accident, defense is unstoppable, kicker boots 55+ yd FG's consistently, etc.

Now, I'm not hating on the people that do decide to go with a team like USC or Florida, but I just don't see where the fun, or challenge lies. Maybe one of you could explain it to me.

Most of the time it's their fav team hence they're familiar with the players....simple logic if u ask me.....but i do agree with u...i never pick my FSU...i do enjoy the challenge of workin my way up from the bottom
Old 08-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

Yeah, as much I love the Buckeyes, I just couldn't enjoy the game using them as my team. I feel that being more familiar with the players and team would almost make more frustrated, as I would probably find more flaws with the game. For example, I just moved to Fort Collins, where Colorado State is located. Up until this year I never had a problem playing at Hughes Field. Now that I live here and drive by the stadium every day, I just get frustrated when I see it portrayed so poorly in the game.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yeah, as much I love the Buckeyes, I just couldn't enjoy the game using them as my team. I feel that being more familiar with the players and team would almost make more frustrated, as I would probably find more flaws with the game. For example, I just moved to Fort Collins, where Colorado State is located. Up until this year I never had a problem playing at Hughes Field. Now that I live here and drive by the stadium every day, I just get frustrated when I see it portrayed so poorly in the game.
Speaking of a team i could NEVER play with haha...i can't stand OSU with a passion....funny thing u mentioned u moving to Colorado cause that's who i'm using in my dynasty...not CSU
Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

Do they still have a football program down in Tallahassee? :-) CSU is worth checking out, they have some interesting unis with a random orange jersey thrown in there, and as flawed as the stadium is, there could be worse looking ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Do they still have a football program down in Tallahassee? :-) CSU is worth checking out, they have some interesting unis with a random orange jersey thrown in there, and as flawed as the stadium is, there could be worse looking ones.
Ask Ben Haumiller that.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I feel the same way as everyone above. I dont use powerhouses although mostly everyone in my OD does...Ive tried and it just gets boring to recruit as the top 20 guys like you and it takes no challenge to find that one recruit u steal. I like going with 3-4 star teams with everyone else being better and actually work my way up...It actually makes things fun and challenge.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

My OD is Clemson, so not bad, not powerhouse. We limited it to 4stars or less. Offiline I wanted a power conf but not a team, so after looking at some of the worst overall win-loss records, I chose HC and Indiana. That's been a challenge. Not Western Kentucky or Akron challenging, but to suck as badly as they do and be in that conference.......yeah, it's a challenge. I'm 3-5 and I probably should have lost one or two of those wins. Very fun though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »